These light and healthy Avocado and Black Bean Fish Tacos with Jalapeño Ranch Sauce are packed with flavor and ready in just 20 minutes! This low carb meal is gluten free and perfect for busy weeknights!
When we were in college there was a restaurant downtown that had a gluten free menu we frequented. Mr. Maebell always got the Chicken Nachos but I liked to experiment so I would study the menu like a textbook and carefully make my choice. I would confidently announce it to the waitress and then say “wait!….let me think…is that really what I want?” and I would have to look at the menu again.
One night I was feeling really wild and ordered Fish Tacos. Fish Tacos aren’t really a thing where we are from, I had actually never heard of them and I couldn’t quite imagine how they would taste. When dinner was served I was presented a giant plate full of rice, black beans, and warm fish tacos filled with with spicy perfectly flakey fish with a cool creamy dressing and crunchy cabbage. I was sold.
The entire combination was irresistible and such a far cry from the fried fish and hush puppies I had grown accustomed to. It was fresh, light and packed with flavor. I have been a Fish Taco connoisseur ever since.
These Avocado and Black Bean Fish Tacos with Jalapeño Ranch Sauce combine everything I loved about that meal in college. It is healthy, filling and because I use Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil it is an easy meal that is ready in about 20 minutes! It makes it so easy to enjoy a delicious, premium tilapia fillet! This Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia has ground black pepper, fresh garlic, sea salt and extra virgin olive oil—making every flaky bite fantastic!
After I load my tacos with tender tilapia, black beans and fresh avocado I add a bit of purple cabbage for crunch, a little squeeze of fresh lime juice and a homemade Jalapeño Ranch Sauce! This is a great dinner when you are in a rush and need something tasty in under 30 minutes!
5 minPrep Time
18 minCook Time
23 minTotal Time
- 2 boxes Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Garlic & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Ranch dressing seasoning (dry seasoning not dressing)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeño
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- Garnish with chopped purple cabbage and lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare the fish according to package directions in the parchment paper packets. Bake for 18 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking drain and rinse the black beans under warm water and set aside.
- Combine the sour cream, Ranch seasoning, lime juice and jalalpeno to make the sauce.
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and place in the oven the last 5 minutes of cooking the fish so they are warm and pliable.
- When the fish is done assemble the tacos in the warm tortillas by adding the fish (about half a fillet per taco) black beans, sliced avocado, jalapeño sauce, purple cabbage and additional lime juice if desired.
Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a complete line of naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality, “fish-forward” prepared seafood solutions for the home. It raises the bar for what seafood lovers can expect from frozen food!
All of the seafood is no mess, and no fuss; just pure perfection, time after time.
Other Easy Recipes
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.