This Creamy Tomato Soup with Sausage and Spinach is the ultimate low carb comfort food! This is a one pot meal that is ready in under 30 minutes!
Creamy Tomato Soup with Sausage and Spinach
You will love this Creamy Tomato Soup with Sausage and Spinach! This meal is so simple, healthy, naturally low carb and gluten free. You also will only need one pot to make this delicious soup and it’s ready in under 30 minutes! Italian sausage is combined with garlic, canned tomatoes, chopped spinach, plenty of seasoning and heavy cream to create this amazing meal. The result is a velvety soup that tastes super indulgent- your family will think this has been simmering all day!
I love a lot of things about this tomato soup, but one of my favorites is that it’s a deceivingly healthy meal that also just happens to be delicious! You’re getting a generous serving of veggies from the tomatoes and spinach, which means you’re getting vitamins as well as fiber. There’s also protein from the sausage- you really can feel good about feeding this to your family. So try this easy dinner recipe tonight!
Ingredients in low carb Tomato Soup
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Creamy Tomato Soup with Sausage and Spinach. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Italian sausage
- Shallot- you can also use an onion
- Minced garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder
- Canned crushed tomatoes and canned diced tomatoes
- Broth (chicken, beef or vegetable), heavy cream
- Chopped spinach
- Granular sweetener- monkfruit or sugar if not keto
How do I make this Sausage Spinach Soup?
You won’t believe how easy this homemade tomato soup is- it’s ready in only 3 easy steps!
- Brown your sausage in a large pot and drain any grease. Add your shallot (or onion) and minced garlic and saute.
- Add in the cans of tomatoes, broth, sweetener of choice and the spices. Stir and bring to a low simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the spinach in handfuls and let it cook until it welts. Stir in the cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
What should I serve with this Creamy Tomato Soup?
One of the beautiful things about this soup is that it contains protein and vegetables, so it’s really a complete meal! But of course, no one is going to say no to sides! Try a Keto Soup Topper to add a bit of crunch to this yummy soup. You could also try one of these 30+ Keto Bread Recipes– some of my favorites are Bacon Cheddar Chive Biscuits or Rosemary Garlic Keto Dinner Rolls.
If you aren’t keto or low carb, you can go with a classic grilled cheese! This Air Fryer Grilled Cheese is a great and easy twist on a classic! You could also serve a yummy salad- try this White Bean Salad or a Simple Arugula Salad.
Can I make this Italian Sausage Soup ahead of time?
Yes, absolutely! You could prep the sausage, shallot and spinach beforehand and keep them in the fridge until you are ready to make your tomato soup. You could also make the entire recipe and store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
How to Store and Reheat this Creamy Tomato Soup recipe
To store, keep in a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and store in the fridge. This tomato spinach soup will stay fresh for up to 4 days. To reheat, you can either warm on the stovetop over low heat or in the microwave. If microwaving, I recommend covering your bowl so your soup doesn’t accidentally paint your microwave!
More easy soup recipes
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can undrained crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can undrained diced tomatoes
- 2 cups broth (chicken, veggie or beef)
- 1 tablespoon granular sweetener (monkfruit or sugar if not keto)
- 1 teaspoon each Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a large pot brown the Italian sausage, drain off the grease. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the undrained tomatoes, broth, sweetener and spices. Stir well and bring the mixture to a low simmer. Allow the soup to simmer 10 minutes then remove from heat.
- Stir in the spinach a handful at a time, until it wilts. Stir in the heavy cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 18.9gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 750mgCarbohydrates: 12.9gNet Carbohydrates: 10.4gFiber: 2.5gSugar: 6.8gProtein: 9.2g