This Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup is the perfect easy keto soup! At just under 6 net carbs and packed with meat and vegetables this is a low carb soup you’ll enjoy all season long!
It is no secret that I am a big fan of cabbage. Some of my very favorite dishes are this easy Cabbage and Black-Eyed Pea Soup, Keto One Pan Cabbage Casserole or this cheesy Keto Taco Casserole. I love that cabbage is a low-carb vegetable that can be added to casseroles, soups or stir fry dishes to bulk up the nutrition without adding tons of carbs.
And of course, it is one of the most budget-friendly vegetables out there! If you don’t usually pick up a head of cabbage on your weekly grocery trip, add it to your list! You’ll find tons of ways to use it!
This easy and delicious Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup is based off of my favorite One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It has many of the same elements, but in soup form. I love to top mine with shredded cheddar and green onions to really make it a hearty meal!
Ingredients in Low Carb Cabbage Soup
For this easy cabbage roll soup recipe, you will need some basic ingredients you might even have on hand:
- Ground beef or turkey
- Bell Pepper
- Canned Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- Tomato Paste
- Beef Broth
How to Make Cabbage Roll Soup
Though this unstuffed cabbage roll soup recipe is labeled a slow cooker soup, it can be easily converted to an Instant Pot or stove top recipe. I share the adaptations for each method below.
The general method is the same: cook the beef and drain off any fat. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover and allow the cabbage to cook down and give the flavors a chance to meld.
1. Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup:
Brown meat in a large skillet, drain off any grease. Add the cooked meat to the bottom of the slow cooker, add remaining ingredients, stir well. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
2. Instant Pot Cabbage Soup:
Use the sauté function and lightly spray the bottom of the pan. Brown the meat and drain off any grease, turn the sauté function off. Add remaining ingredients, stir well. Secure the lid to the instant pot and make sure the steam valve is CLOSED.
Set the pressure cooker cycle for 15 minutes. It will take the machine 15-20 minutes to get up to pressure before the 15 minute cook cycle begins. Once the cook time ends allow the steam to naturally release for 5-10 minutes, then carefully release the steam manually.
3. Stove Top Cabbage Soup:
Heat a large stockpot or dutch oven to medium heat, lightly spray the bottom. Brown the meat and drain off any grease. Add remaining ingredients, stir well. Bring mixture to a simmer and cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 30-40 minutes until the cabbage has reduced in size.
Can I Freeze Cabbage Soup?
Yes, this keto cabbage soup freezes well. The cabbage changes texture slightly once frozen, but it’s a hearty vegetable and can withstand being frozen.
Tips for Making Cabbage Roll Soup
- You’ll want to use green cabbage for this recipe. Red cabbage has a slightly different texture.
- You can use ground beef, ground pork, or ground turkey to make this low carb Crockpot recipe.
- For a spicier soup, use additional chili powder or add in red pepper flakes.
More Low Carb Soup Recipes:
If you are like me and looking for other easy slow cooker low carb recipes, you will love these! These simple keto soups make 8 servings and are perfect for keto meal prep:
- Easy Keto Chili
- Keto Cheesy Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Keto Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Keto Instant Pot Pizza Soup
- Cheesy Smoked Sausage Soup
- Keto White Chicken Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups cabbage, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (32 ounce) container beef broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown meat in a large skillet, then drain off any grease.
- Add the cooked meat to the bottom of the slow cooker, add remaining ingredients, stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
Reference post above for Instant Pot and Stovetop directions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 1/4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 8.8gCholesterol: 38.5mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 5.8gFiber: 2.2gProtein: 13.5g