This Chicken with Pesto Cream Sauce is low carb comfort food at its finest! Grilled Garlic Chicken is smothered with a Creamy Pesto Alfredo sauce making it a decadent keto-friendly dinner!
Let’s talk about those days. You know what I mean. Those days you just shouldn’t have gotten out of bed, the days you need a redo before it even starts, the days where you just don’t quite have it together.
This is the perfect dinner for one of those days. It is easy, requires minimal dishes or ingredients, and will totally hit the comfort food spot for you!
This chicken is amazing with my favorite Mashed Cauliflower, but it also works well with zucchini noodles, or on it’s own! It also reheats well for low carb meal prep!
Ingredients for Chicken with Pesto Cream Sauce
As always, this is just a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. To find the complete recipe and instructions just keep scrolling.
- Chicken: I use chicken breast, but another cut such as thighs would also work.
- Olive Oil
- Spices: Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Pesto: this is my favorite pesto recipe (so good!) but store bought also works.
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan: good quality grated parmesan.
- White wine or Chicken broth
How do you make Pesto Cream Sauce?
This sauce is a great cross between pesto and Alfredo sauce. It is rich, creamy, and loaded with fresh basil flavor! It is also a cinch to make; just follow these simple steps:
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add the white wine (or chicken broth) to the skillet, bring the wine to a simmer and add the pesto and heavy cream. Stir the mixture and reduce the heat too low.
- Stir in the parmesan until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Simmer, while stirring occasionally until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
What to serve with Keto Pesto Chicken?
My go to low carb side dish are these Cheddar Garlic Keto Biscuits! They are a perfect low carb Red Lobster Biscuit copycat! Each cheesy biscuit has 2 net carbs each and is loaded with flavor! These pair perfectly with this low carb chicken. Some other amazing side dish options include low carb salads, veggies, and casseroles:
- Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Garlic Butter Broccoli
- Zucchini Mozzarella Wraps
- Cacio e Pepe Zoodles
How many carbs are in this Pesto Chicken?
The complete nutritional information for this recipe can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. This recipe serves 4 people, with a generous serving size and comes to 1.3 net carbs each!
Other Pesto Recipes
- Pesto Chicken Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- Keto Pesto Chicken Bake
- Homemade Basil Pesto
- Easy Keto Pesto Chicken Ravioli
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast, fat trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Pesto Cream Sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup small tomatoes (optional: see notes below)
- For the Garlic Chicken: Combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon and spices in a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Place the sliced chicken breast in a plastic bag and pour marinade over the chicken. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat grill to medium heat (about 375 degrees) and grill chicken 4-5 minutes on each side until the chicken has reached an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- For the Pesto Cream Sauce: Heat a large deep skillet or a medium size sauce pan to medium heat.
- Add the white wine and pesto and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream and parmesan. Stir the mixture and allow it to simmer over low heat until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve each chicken grilled chicken breast with pesto cream sauce and diced tomatoes if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with 1/4 cup cream sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 16.9gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 1.4gNet Carbohydrates: 1.3gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 0.5gProtein: 68g