Keto Pesto Chicken Stuffed Sweet Peppers, a simple FOUR ingredient dinner that is healthy and gluten free! Under 6 net carbs per serving!
Are you ready for this? A four ingredient, yes, FOUR ingredient, healthy, fast, delicious dinner! In other words, this little dish is kind of a miracle! We are loving these little sweet peppers. Have you tried them? You can find them next to the bell peppers in the produce section. At my grocery store they come in a small bag (about a pound) or a large bag (about two pounds). I usually opt for the big bag and add a handful to things like pasta, omelets, veggie kabobs, or stuff them with things. I’ve been making these Keto Bacon and Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers for a low carb snack. I just love how handy they are.
Sometimes simple is best. In this case we only need a bowl of shredded chicken, a jar of pesto, a bag of sweet peppers, and some mozzarella. Turns out, that simple combo makes for a fantastic dinner! You can probably guess how to go about this. Just wash and slice your peppers and remove any seeds. Toss the shredded chicken with the pesto. Stuff the chicken in the peppers, top with cheese and bake. Voila! Dinner is ready! These are fabulous as is, but I also really loved them dipped in warm marinara and served with a nice big salad!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 chicken breast, cooked and shredded*
- 1 jar of pesto (mine was 6.25 ounces)
- 2 pounds sweet peppers, sliced and seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wash and remove tops from the peppers. Slice and remove any seeds. Lay pepper halves on a large greased baking sheet.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the shredded chicken with the pesto and toss to coat.
- Add a heaping spoonful of chicken to each pepper and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- *I just put two chicken breast in my smallest crock pot, lightly seasoning with salt and pepper and added 1 cup liquid (water or chicken broth works) and let it simmer on low for 8 hours. I drained off all liquid and shredded the chicken.
Other Keto Recipes15+ Keto Stuffed Peppers