These fudgy Keto No Bake Cookies will remind you of classic no bake chocolate cookies without all the carbs! At just one net carb per cookie these sweet treats won’t break your keto diet!
Growing up in my small town there was a local woman who made those delicious no bake oatmeal peanut butter cookies that everyone knows and loves. She had a rich chocolate version and a delicious peanut butter version. Local restaurants and shops, as well as the high school sold them.
My vice was the melt in your mouth peanut butter version and Mr. Maebell’s was always the chocolate. Sadly, as a low carb gluten free family those beloved Dotta Sue cookies just aren’t an option anymore. These Keto No Bake Cookies are a low carb spin on my favorite childhood cookie.
To be fair, these are not a match for a true classic no bake peanut butter cookie. How could it be? Without traditional sugar and oats it would be impossible. However, considering that these only have about one net carb per cookie they are a pretty excellent substitute!
What are Keto No Bake Cookies?
These cookies have a fudge like base with coconut oil, a nut butter of your choice, keto friendly sweetener, cocoa powder and butter. The “filling” is a mixture of unsweetened coconut flakes and hemp seeds. I think you will be surprised how well the coconut flakes and hemp seeds substitute for oats. Neither one has a very strong flavor, but they keep their texture or “bite” well so they work well as a low carb oat substitute.
How many net carbs for each Keto No Bake Cookie?
For this recipe I use a silicone muffin pan to keep these cookies uniform. You have two options, to use a standard size muffin pan or a mini muffin pan. Personally, I prefer the mini muffin. I think it is just the right size for a bite or two of chocolate. It satisfies my sweet tooth and keeps the carbs at a minimum.
I feel like I can easily have one after lunch and one after dinner if I’d like. In the mini muffin tin this makes 48 small cookies and they come in at 1.1 net carb. I store them in the freezer and 48 cookies takes a while to eat so these are perfect for keto meal prep!
If you use a standard muffin tin you are going to get about 24 cookies. In this case the carbs are certainly higher and it makes for a very filling dessert. This is just something to keep in mind when deciding how you’d like to divide your batch up.
Other Easy Keto Desserts
- Keto Cranberry Cheesecake Bars (5 net carbs each and amazing!)
- Easy Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars (2.4 net carbs each!)
- Three Ingredient Keto Fudge (2 net carbs each)
- Keto Lemon Chia Seed Pudding (two flavor options here, my favorite is the blueberry lemon)
- Double Chocolate Cookies (3 net carbs each)
Pro Tip: When filling your silicone muffin pans for your cookies remember not to fill your pan up, you want the width of the cookies to be nice and bite size! Checkout the video if you have questions.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup creamy low carb peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup swerve sweetener (brown sugar or granular)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup UNSWEETENED coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds, also called hemp hearts (you can use an extra 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes if you don't have this. I like the mixed texture and it adds a bit of fiber)
- sea salt for topping (optional)
- In a medium size sauce pan combine the coconut oil and the peanut butter over medium low heat.
- As the mixture begins to melt stir until well combined.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, vanilla (if using) and the sweetener.
- Increase heat to medium or just over medium and slowly bring the mixture to a simmer.
- When the mixture is simmering and the sweetener has completely melted (your fudge mixture should be smooth with no visible granulars) remove from heat and stir in the coconut flakes and the hemp seeds.
- Set aside and allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Carefully spoon into silicone mini muffin tins until 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Freeze for 15 minutes until set. Remove from tins and store in an air tight container in the freezer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 7gCarbohydrates: 1.7gFiber: 0.6gProtein: 1.2g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!