This Keto Tuna Zoodle Casserole is the perfect low carb comfort food! This dish is only 3.4 net carbs and packed with zucchini noodles, a creamy cheese sauce and chunks of tuna.
If you loved my super popular Taco Zoodle Casserole you are going to love this Keto Tuna Zoodle Casserole! It has tons of zoodles and that same rich creamy cheese sauce along with tender chunks of tuna. It is a delicious low carb comfort food even your picky eaters will love!
Believe it or not, I am a total carb junkie. Have you seen that episode of Friends where Monica tells Rachel she has to do something because she owes it to her inner fat girl then she says “I owe this to her, I never let her eat!” that is my relationship with carbs. I love them, but they just don’t love me.
One of my favorite things was a good cheesy pasta or rice casserole. This Cheesy Chicken and Rice was my particular indulgence in my pre-keto days. Sadly, those dishes are a thing of the past around here but this Keto Tuna Zoodle Casserole is a great low carb replacement!
Finally, a low carb comfort food!
I asked on Instagram what most people struggled with on keto and one overwhelming answer was that you miss old favorites. This resonated with me because I struggle with this too. I think sometimes when you’ve had a long day and your tired you just want those comfort foods.
I wanted to recreate some of those good old classic flavors from dishes most of us grew up knowing and loving. So this Tuna Zoodle Casserole is my first in a long list of keto comfort foods! This dish is packed with zucchini noodles ( I have a trick to prevent them from being soggy and watery) a creamy cheese sauce and chunks of tuna.
This dish is only 3.4 net carbs per serving and it is so satisfying. Now if you are one of those people who needs a bit of crunch to your cheesy casserole, don’t worry. If you want to add a keto friendly crunchy topping just sprinkle some crushed pork rinds on top. It keeps the net carb count ultra low and will help give you that crunchy texture.
- For the Zoodles
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- For the cheese sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can of tuna in water, drained
- For the top
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In an 9x13 baking dish lightly spray the bottom with cooking spray.
- Place the zoodles in the dish and spread out as much as possible.
- Bake zoodles at 10 minute intervals. Remove and stir every 10 minutes, continue baking at 10 minute intervals until the moisture has evaporated.
- **Depending on the size and moisture level of the zucchini this may take between 10-20 minutes. Remove when moisture as evaporated and they have shrunk in size, but before they are brown or crispy.**
- While zoodles are pre-baking heat a medium size skillet over medium heat melt the butter, add the garlic, almond milk, heavy cream, cream cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Whisk mixture until it is smooth and cheese has melted. Stir in drained tuna. Remove from heat.
- In the 9x13 pan you pre-baked your zoodles in layer the zoodles, and tuna cheese sauce and remaining shredded cheese to the top. Bake 25-30 minutes until gold and bubbly.
Shredded chicken works great also if you want to switch things up!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 20.6gCarbohydrates: 3.4gFiber: 0.1gProtein: 23.4g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!