This quick and easy Lemon Icebox Cake has just six ingredients! This no bake, gluten free treat is the perfect Summer dessert!
So I am officially obsessed with Icebox Cakes! They are so easy! I can’t get over how totally effortless they are to make so this will not be the last one you see on the blog! With another Summer weekend upon us I figure there are a lot of you trying to decide what to make to keep cool. Don’t worry! I’ve got you covered! This easy Lemon Icebox Cake has only six super simple ingredients and you can make it in just a few minutes!
Mr. Maebell and I love lemon, other than peanut butter it is probably the most adored flavor in our household. Lemon muffins, lemon bread, lemon bars we do not discriminate, we love it all! After I made the Mocha Icebox Cake we started thinking about all the other flavor combinations we should try and lemon was a no brainer! This easy gluten free Lemon Icebox Cake is light and refreshing. Instead of using ice cream or heavy ingredients we use low fat whipped cream and yogurt for our creamy filling. Along with lemon zest and lemon juice it is a perfect combination with crunchy graham crackers and a tangy lemon frosting! To show you just how simple it is I made a simple step by step video, the recipe is right below. Enjoy!
- 4 cups of whipped cream (homemade or store bought, this would be 2 containers)
- 1 (8 ounce container) vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1/8 cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 package gluten free graham crackers
- 1 cup lemon frosting (Duncan Hines is gluten free)
- In a mixing bowl combine the whipped cream, yogurt, lemon zest and lemon juice until well combined.
- In an 8x8 pan (lined with parchment paper if you wish) layer the graham crackers and top with the lemon filling, repeat layers until you run out of mixture.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Heat the lemon frosting for 30 seconds until smooth and pour over the icebox cake.
- Freeze for at least two hours.
Other Easy Recipes
While this recipe isn’t keto I have tons of recipes that are! If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!