The best keto lemon bars! These sweet and tangy lemon bars are low carb, gluten free and keto approved! Only 2.4 net carbs per square!
When my husband and I got married we didn’t have a traditional vanilla or chocolate wedding cake. We had a delicious tangy lemon cake, it is one of our favorite flavors and I am always working on new lemon desserts.
I tried a ton of other keto lemon bar recipes and none of them were quite right. Some had great flavor but the filling was too runny. Others had a great texture, but the flavor was not right. So after many attempts I present to you the best keto lemon bars!
What ingredients do you need for Keto Lemon Bars?
You only need 6 simple ingredients to make the best lemon keto bars! The ingredients needed for the BEST Keto Lemon bars are:
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Keto Friendly Sweetener, I highly recommend Swerve
How do you make Keto Lemon Bars?
The first step is to make the sweet crust. These lemon bars have an almond flour shortbread crust. To make this crust we combine melted butter, almond flour and swerve sweetener. A thick dough will form. Press the dough into the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish. Pre-bake the crust 7 minutes and set it aside to cool
To make the lemon filling you will need a blender or food processor to get a creamy filling. This sweet and tangy lemon filling is made with eggs, coconut flour, swerve sweetener, lemon juice and lemon zest. Combine these ingredients and blend until smooth. Chill the mixture and allow it to thicken.
When the crust has cooled and the center has chilled carefully pour the filling over the crust. Bake 18-20 minutes until the bars are set. Allow them to cool completely before slicing.
How many carbs are in keto lemon bars?
These bars come in at just 2.4 net carbs per square if you slice them into 9 equal servings. This is a great size for a sweet treat but if you are looking for some other keto desserts you may also like:
- The Best Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Fudge (2 net carbs)
- Keto Fruit Pizza
- 1/2 cup melted butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons swerve (confectioners is preferable but granular works too)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large lemons, juiced (approximately 1/3 cup lemon juice)
- zest of 2 large lemon (approximately 2 tablespoons loosely packed zest)
- 3/4 cup swerve (confectioners is preferable but granular works too)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- For the filling: Combine all filling ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend for 30 seconds until completely smooth.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow the filling to thicken.
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour and swerve in a small bowl and press into the foil lined pan.
- Prebake crust for 7 minutes, it should not be firm just slightly beginning to brown around the edges.
- Remove crust and allow it to cool.
- Pour in filling and bake 18-20 minutes until the center is set.
- Allow bars to cool completely before slicing.
- Top with powdered swerve if you prefer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 20gCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2.6gProtein: 6.4g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!