The best keto lemon bars! These sweet and tangy lemon bars are low carb, gluten free and keto approved! Only 2.4 net carbs per square!
When my husband and I got married we didn’t have a traditional vanilla or chocolate wedding cake. We had a delicious tangy lemon cake, it is one of our favorite flavors and I am always working on new lemon desserts. I tried a ton of other keto lemon bar recipes and none of them were quite right. Some had great flavor but the filling was too runny. Others had a great texture, but the flavor was not right. So after many attempts I present to you the best keto lemon bars!
These lemon bars have an almond flour shortbread crust, which I will be using in future keto dessert recipes! And a filling that is sweet and tangy and stays nice and firm with the addition of eggs and coconut flour. You only need 6 simple ingredients to make the best lemon keto bars! These bars come in at just 2.4 net carbs per square if you slice them into 9 equal servings.
- 1/2 cup melted butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons swerve (confectioners is preferable but granular works too)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large lemons, juiced (approximately 1/3 cup lemon juice)
- zest of 2 large lemon (approximately 2 tablespoons loosely packed zest)
- 3/4 cup swerve (confectioners is preferable but granular works too)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- For the filling: Combine all filling ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend for 30 seconds until completely smooth.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow the filling to thicken.
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour and swerve in a small bowl and press into the foil lined pan.
- Prebake crust for 7 minutes, it should not be firm just slightly beginning to brown around the edges.
- Remove crust and allow it to cool.
- Pour in filling and bake 18-20 minutes until the center is set.
- Allow bars to cool completely before slicing.
- Top with powdered swerve if you prefer.
Other Keto Recipes
Keto Pizza Bites