This Mango Bread is packed with sweetness! This is an easy gluten free bread everyone will love!
Sometimes you just need a little something sweet. Whose day isn’t made a little brighter by a sweet?! Whether it’s Lemon Ice Cream, Brownie Pie or Chocolate Cookies, there are days when only a dessert will do! This week, I found myself with some spare mango that I had no idea what to do with and a serious craving for a satisfying bite. So, I knew I needed to come up with something that took care of both- mango bread!
This Mango Bread is inspired by my Mocha Bread and Chocolate Chip Cookie Bread. These gluten free breads are delicious, and my Mango Bread is no different! This bread is made with brown sugar, coconut and oats- the oats bring a great depth to the overall flavor of the bread. To top it off, we have a beautiful coconut glaze! This tropical bread will wow your family and friends and have them all begging for seconds!
Ingredients in Dessert Bread
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Mango Bread. For the complete, printable recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
For the bread:
- Gluten Free Bisquick– you can also use all purpose flour
- Gluten free old fashioned oats
- Brown sugar
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Baking powder
- Mango- diced
For the glaze:
- Powdered sugar
- Shredded coconut
- Coconut extract
- Chopped pecans
How do you make this Mango Bread recipe?
This easy bread recipe comes together so simply. First, combine your flour, oats, baking powder, salt, vanilla pudding mix and sugar. Combine well. Next, add mango, oil, milk and eggs to your bowl and mix. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for one hour. Allow to cool and prepare your glaze. Add your powdered sugar, milk, coconut and coconut extract to a bowl and mix well. Pour over your bread and top with chopped pecans. That’s it! The perfect ending to a meal with just a few simple steps!
Can I still make this mango bread if I can’t eat oats?
If you cannot have oats due to dietary reasons, you can still enjoy this bread! Unsweetened coconut flakes are a great substitute for oats. Simply add the unsweetened coconut flakes to a blender or food processor and pulse 3-4 times until the flakes break up into smaller pieces that resemble the consistency of oats. You will use the same amount of coconut flakes as you would oats in this recipe.
Can I use a different type of flour?
You can use regular Bisquick or all purpose flour in exchange for the gluten free bisquick in this recipe. I have only tested this recipe as written due to a gluten allergy in our house, though.
How to store this dessert bread
To store this mango bread, leave covered on the counter for up to one week. I covered mine in cling film, but aluminum foil would also work well. To avoid losing your glaze, I recommend sticking a few toothpicks in the top of the bread and then adding your covering.
More easy dessert recipes
For the Bread:
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free Bisquick
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 3-ounce package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced mango
- 1 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans Preheat oven to 350 Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, vanilla pudding mix, and sugar, combine well. Add mango and wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix well. Pour into greased loaf pan, bake for 1 hour. Let bread cool completely. Combine powdered sugar, milk, coconut and coconut extract. Pour coconut glaze over bread and top with chopped pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, vanilla pudding mix, and sugar, combine well.
- Add mango and wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix well.
- Pour into greased loaf pan, bake for 1 hour.
- Let bread cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, coconut and coconut extract. Pour coconut glaze over bread and top with chopped pecans.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 604Total Fat: 37gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 554mgCarbohydrates: 65gNet Carbohydrates: 62.6gFiber: 2.4gSugar: 40gProtein: 5.4g