Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Bread
As always, you will find the complete recipe below, just keep scrolling. This is a quick over view of the ingredients you will need:
- Gluten Free Bisquick
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
- Brown Sugar
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Baking Powder and Salt
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips
What if I can’t have oats?
If you cannot have oats, fear not, you can still enjoy this bread! Unsweetened coconut flakes are a great stand in for oats. Simply add the unsweetened coconut flakes to a blender or food processor and pulse 3-4 times until the flakes break up into smaller pieces that resemble the consistency of oats.
Can I use another flour?
I have only tested this recipe as written. I imagine this would work with Cup 4 Cup, or King Arthurs All Purpose Gluten Free Flour if you do not have access to Gluten Free Bisquick.
As far as non gluten free alternatives, I cannot test that option due to an allergy, but I think traditional Bisquick would work in place.
How should I store and reheat this Chocolate Chip Cookie Bread?
This bread is best left in an air-tight container at room temperature up to a week. If you made multiple loaves for meal prepping, you can tightly wrap these (a double layer is best to keep the frost at bay) and then freeze in an air-tight container. You can freeze slices instead of loaves in the same way.
When reheating, you have options! If frozen, first allow bread to come to thaw to room temperature. You can then cover your bread with a damp towel and microwave in 30-second intervals until warmed through. Another option is to warm in the oven at 350 degrees F (covered so it doesn’t get too browned) for 5-20 minutes, depending on the size of your slice/loaf.
If you like crispy edges, you could also reheat this in a toaster oven for a few minutes!
More Gluten Free Quick Breads
Quick breads are so versatile and perfect for nearly every occasion. Need a gift? Wrap up a loaf! Need a to-go breakfast? Grab a slice! They’re even great for meal prepping because it’s so simple to freeze and reheat later. They’re great when fruity or chocolatey, and I firmly believe there’s a recipe out there for everyone.
The list below is long, I know, but I just couldn’t leave any of them out. There are even keto and low-carb varieties, safely gluten free with a variety of flours and sugar substitutes! Trust me–You’re going to want to pin some of these for later!
- Keto Lemon Raspberry Bread
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Bread
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Cream
- Strawberry Shortcake Bread
- Blueberry Cornmeal Bread
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Orange Bread
- Strawberry Lemonade Bread
- White Chocolate Cranberry Bread
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 cup Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix (3.4 ounce)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cups chocolate chips, divided.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper so it makes removing the bread easier. Lightly spray with oil.
- Mix flour, oats, baking powder, salt, vanilla pudding mix, and sugar, combine well. Add wet ingredients and half of the chocolate chips to dry ingredients, mix well.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan, top with remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 minutes, check the bread and if it startinbg to brown loosly cover with foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until set.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 425mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 5g
To avoid any confusion I remove erythritol from the final carb count and net carb count, as it is not known to affect blood glucose levels. To calculate Keto recipes listed on this site carbs - fiber = net carbs. I use Nutrifox as my nutrition calculator. This nutrition information is an estimate based on the information provided by Nutrifox and the specific ingredients I used.