Learn how to make delicious Air Fryer Zucchini with Parmesan! This keto side dish has only four ingredients, is ready in under 10 minutes and has less than 4 net carbs!
Air Fryer Zucchini
Zucchini season is upon us, which is great for those of us that follow a keto diet! Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables. It’s delicious, nutritious, low in carbs and can be added to nearly everything! I knew I wanted to try roasted zucchini in my Air Fryer and I’m so glad I did! This easy keto side dish is so, so good! The roasted zucchini has so much flavor already, but when it’s paired with a robust olive oil, herby Italian seasoning and earthy parmesan, it becomes irresistible! This roasted zucchini is only 3.4 grams of net carbs and is also gluten free!
This zucchini in air fryer was incredibly easy. And you only need four ingredients for this entire recipe! You more than likely already have everything you need for this roasted zucchini in your pantry, so you’ll save yourself a trip to the store! All the prep you’ll need to do is to chop up your zucchini- seriously, that’s it. You’ll then combine everything and pop it into the air fryer. It honestly couldn’t be more simple. From start to finish, this easy side dish won’t take you more than 10 minutes!
One of the best things about using an air fryer is how quickly it cooks everything- sides are usually the last thing to be prepared for a meal and you want them to be ready fast! This Air Fryer Zucchini is a great way to get a healthy meal on the table, with minimal time and prep, that everyone will love. Another huge plus is how there’s barely any clean up (especially if you use a liner!). Even your pickiest eaters won’t be able to resist this cheesy veggie!
Ingredients for Roasted Zucchini
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our roasted zucchini. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Zucchini- chopped
- Spray olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan
How to Cook Air Fryer Zucchini
First, you’re going to chop your zucchini into small quarters. Spray with olive oil and add your seasonings. When your zucchini is coated, add the parmesan. Be careful to not overmix- quit tossing once your parmesan is evenly mixed in. Preheat your air fryer at 390 degrees F for 3 minutes. I added a liner here so that the parmesan did not fall out of the basket, but it is not required. I do personally recommend it so you don’t lose your cheese and seasonings- you also save yourself from having to clean anything! Be careful when adding your liner- the basket will be hot. I wouldn’t add the liner before preheating- with nothing in it to weigh it down, it will just fly around the air fryer and become useless. Add your zucchini to the liner and cook for 4 minutes. Toss and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and the parmesan has started to brown.
What temperature do you cook zucchini in an air fryer?
I prepared this zucchini in air fryer at 390 degrees F.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Zucchini
- Don’t overmix your parmesan with the zucchini- you do not want the zucchini to lose any of it’s crispness
- Depending on how tender you prefer your zucchini to be, you may want to adjust the cooking time by a minute
- Try to cut your zucchini into similar sized pieces, so it all cooks evenly
- Don’t forget to toss your basket halfway through cooking
- Use a liner! This will keep your cheese from falling out of the basket- it also means you’ll have no clean up!
Carbs in Zucchini
In one large zucchini, there are only 2.7 grams of net carbs! There are 3.9 grams of carbs and 1.2 grams of grams of dietary fiber, bringing the net carbs to 2.7 grams.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Zucchini
This keto side dish would go well with just about anything you pair it with. Try it with this Asian Salmon or Lemon Garlic Shrimp for a low carb, low calorie dinner! This roasted zucchini would also go well with Marinated Flank Steak or Easy Steak Wraps. Roasted or Grilled Chicken are some classic family dinner choices. If you’re going for a vegetarian night, try these Black Bean Sliders!
Other Zucchini Recipes
- 20+ Keto Zucchini Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Zucchini Nachos
Air Fryer Zucchini with Parmesan
Learn how to make delicious Air Fryer Zucchini with Parmesan! This keto side dish has only four ingredients and is ready in under 10 minutes!
- 3 medium zucchini (about 4 cups, cubed)
- spray olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 heaping tablespoons grated parmesan
- Quarter the zucchini into small cubes as seen in the photos. Spray with olive oil, add seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- When you are sure the zucchini is coated evenly with oil, toss with the parmesan. Do not overmix and stop when the parmesan is evenly distributed.
- Preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes to 390 degrees F. Carefully add a liner and add the zucchini to the air fryer basket in an even layer. Cook 4 minutes, toss and cook an additional 4-5 minutes until the parmesan has begun to brown and the zucchini is tender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (about 3/4 cup)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gCholesterol: 2.7mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 3.4gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 3.7gProtein: 3.2g
Leave a Reply