These sweet Peanut Butter Balls are the perfect no bake, low carb treat! Each peanut butter ball has about 3 net carbs making it the perfect low carb snack recipe!
Peanut Butter Balls
When I was a kid my Mom used to make these delicious peanut butter balls that contained peanut butter, honey, dry milk and chocolate chips. It was such a treat! That old school classic was the inspiration for these low carb and keto-friendly Peanut Butter Balls!
These sweet bites are grain and gluten free. They contain just a few ingredients and because they are no bake, you can whip these up in just a few minutes.
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Balls
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. For the complete, printable recipe just keep scrolling. To make peanut butter balls you will need:
- Peanut butter: to keep this keto-friendly use a low carb peanut or almond butter.
- Liquid Sweetener: keto friends will need to use this keto caramel. Otherwise, you can use honey or maple syrup if you aren’t counting carbs.
- Coconut Flour: almond flour cannot be subbed in this recipe.
- Protein Powder: we used a vanilla protein powder, but you can use your favorite variety.
- For the optional chocolate coating: coconut oil and sugar free dark chocolate chips.
Substitutions for Peanut Butter Balls
Here are a few ways you can make this recipe cater to your personal tastes a little more!
- Peanut butter: If you want to use a different type of peanut butter besides creamy, go ahead! If peanut butter is not your preferred nut butter, use almond butter, cashew, sunflower, whatever you like!
- Nuts: you can add up to 1/4 cup of chopped nuts (any variety) if you prefer.
- Chocolate: if you don’t want to go to the trouble of melting chocolate, you can simply mix in chocolate chips.
- Protein powder: any variety.
What honey substitute do you use for keto?
Traditional peanut butter balls use honey as the sweetener. To keep this recipe low carb and keto-friendly I use this homemade keto caramel sauce. It is so easy to make, it only requires three ingredients and I always keep a jar in my fridge!
How to make Peanut Butter Balls?
You don’t need a mixer to make these easy no bake protein bites! Simply combine the peanut butter, sweetener, coconut flour and protein powder until the mixture is smooth. Roll the balls into heaping tablespoons. Place in the freezer.
In a small saucepan or microwave proof bowl heat the chocolate and coconut oil over low heat. Stir until melted. Carefully dip the chilled peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate. Place on wax paper and allow it to chill in the fridge until the balls have set.
How do you store Peanut Butter Protein Bites?
Store your bites in an airtight container, plastic or glass is fine, in the fridge. I don’t recommend storing these on the counter as they will melt.
No Bake Keto Snacks
- No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles
- Banana Pudding Bites
- No Bake Keto Cookies
- Easy Keto Fudge
- Keto Crock Pot Candy
Peanut Butter Balls (low carb)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup keto caramel sauce linked below
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup protein powder any variety
- 1/2 cup sugar free dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, caramel, coconut flour and protein powder until the mixture is smooth. Roll the balls into heaping tablespoons. Place in the freezer.
- In a small saucepan or microwave proof bowl heat the chocolate and coconut oil over low heat. Stir until melted.
- Carefully dip the chilled peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate. Place on wax paper and allow it to chill in the fridge until the balls have set.