An insanely easy FOUR ingredient meal! You will love this Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken!
Mondays are a day of more for me.
You know what I mean, one more cup of coffee, just 10 more minutes of sleep, a few more minutes to get ready.
I pretty much need more of everything on a Monday, except anything that requires effort. Like cooking…on Monday, cooking is for the birds. I need something that is going to cook itself, something hearty, tasty, something that seems like I put more effort forth than I did.
That is where this little wonder comes into play. I came up with this recipe a couple years ago in college, it was during that blissful time in life when you get down to your last $16 the Thursday before payday so you had to make due with what you had on hand.
This requires exactly four ingredients. Yes, four! Just one package of chicken breast, a can of tomatoes with green chili’s (Rotel), chili powder, and a can of grillin’ beans. Sometimes I use the Texas Ranchero, and sometimes I use the Black Bean Fiesta. This particular night I used the black bean version. We never seem to eat this the same way twice. Sometimes we eat with chips or use this as taco filling or in wraps, and sometimes we just pour over rice and throw some shredded cheddar on top. The versatility is what I love about this dish.
So, the next time your Mondays just happen to come a bit too quickly and leave too slowly throw this in your slow cooker, kick back and have one more cup of coffee.
2 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 2 Total Time
- 1 package of chicken breast (usually about a pound, 2-3 chicken breast)
- 1 can rotel
- 1 can Bush's Grillin' Beans (the Texas Ranchero or the Black Bean Fiesta)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Place all ingredients in a small slow cooker, cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
- Remove chicken and shred and add back to the slow cooker and stir well.
- Serve with chips, salsa, sour cream, cheese, or rice.