Need an easy recipe to feed a crowd? This Taco Lasagna is loaded with taco meat, black beans, corn and cheese and perfect for busy nights!
Mr. Maebell loves tacos, I do too but when it comes to Mexican food I am always going to pick enchiladas over tacos. Every single time.The trouble is, Mr. Maebell grew up as one of those super picky kids, and while he is so much more open to trying new things than he used to be some things are just never going to fly with that sweet man. Enchiladas are one of those things. He will eat them, but not with a smile on his face. So, what is a poor girl to do? Lead an enchiladaless life? Absolutely not!
Enter, Taco Lasagna a casserole that is kind of like a cross between tacos and enchiladas! It is a super hearty crowd pleasing casserole that is big enough to fed an army, but simple enough for a week night meal. If that doesn’t solve your what is for dinner dilemma, I just don’t know what will. We were introduced to this by Mr. Maebell’s Mom, I don’t know where it come from. I don’t even know if there is an actual recipe, but I will show you how I make mine, just checkout the video in this post!
What is Taco Lasagna?
This recipe has simple ingredients you probably cook with often. You will need taco meat, corn tortillas, refried beans, corn, black beans, sour cream and cheese. This recipe is layered just like traditional Italian lasagna, which is where the name comes from. Once you’ve layered your ingredients just bake for 30 minutes until it is gold and bubbly! Then top with your favorite Mexican toppings like salsa, guacamole, and don’t forget the chips!
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) can of tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large skillet brown ground beef, drain off any grease.
- Add the undrained tomatoes with green chilies and package of taco seasoning, stir mixture until seasoning has dissolved. Let mixture simmer until all liquid is gone, about 6 minutes. Then remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the black beans and corn. Set aside. Open refried beans and set aside.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Begin your casserole with a base layer of corn tortillas 4-6 depending on the size.
- Then layer the rest of the ingredients in this order,, refried beans, taco meat, corn, black beans, sour cream and cheese.
- Repeat, until your fillings are gone.
- Bake 30 minutes, let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with your favorites like avocados, tomatoes, and cilantro!
For a spicy version switch the cheddar for pepper jack cheese!
Other Easy Recipes
While this recipe is not keto, I have a ton of recipes that are! If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!