Sparkling Cucumber Watermelon Coolers are super refreshing and made with just four ingredients! Enjoy this non-alcoholic drink with dinner, poolside, or serve it at your next gathering!
What are your favorite things about Summer? Do you love pool time? The long days? The fresh produce? I am definitely a produce gal myself. Sweet corn, tomatoes, berries, oh I love it all!
But this Summer I have developed a whole new addiction, watermelon juice! It is so sweet and tangy and perfectly refreshing for these blistering hot Summer days! And it is so simple!
Ingredients for Watermelon Coolers
To make these sparkling coolers all you’ll need is:
- Fresh watermelon juice
- Ginger ale, sprite or sparkeling water
- Fresh watermelon chunks
- Sliced cucumber
I make my watermelon juice by placing watermelon chunks in the blender, blending until smooth, and then pouring through a mesh strainer. It is the perfect way to use up leftover watermelon you just aren’t going to get to or if you get a watermelon a little past its prime.
Since I have kept at least a few mason jars of watermelon juice in my fridge all Summer I have been concocting all sorts of ways to enjoy it. One of my favorites is these super simple Sparkling Watermelon Cucumber Coolers!
This cooler is the perfect poolside sipper if you need a little pick me up or can be made in a large pitcher for a crowd! It is a four-ingredient drink that is bound to impress!
Best poolside drinks
- Vanilla Peach Tea
- Sparkling Pineapple Strawberry Punch
- Watermelon Limeade
- Passion Fruit Tea
- Mango Moscato Smoothie
- 16 Refreshing Summer Drinks You Can’t Live Without
Can I add alcohol to this watermelon cucumber cooler?
Yes, you could definitely use your favorite seltzer instead of ginger ale or could even use liquor and sparkling water.
Tips & Tricks for the BEST Watermelon Cooler:
This recipe is so flexible! If you have a different juice and fruit combo you want to try, I say give it a go! The flavor combinations are endless. To ensure you’ve got the tastiest drink possible here are a few tips and tricks:
- Opt for the seedless watermelon. Yes, we are straining out the pulp anyway so a few seeds wouldn’t ruin the drink, but those big seeds in normal watermelons will take a toll on your blender! You simply will not end up with a silky smooth drink unless you use the seedless watermelon.
- Use a blender that is big enough. You might need about 4-6 cups of watermelon cubes to make 2 cups of juice. If your blender is not big enough you can do this part in batches.
- This recipe is substitution-friendly! Not a fan of ginger ale? Use sparkling water or seltzer instead! You can substitute the watermelon juice with a different fruit juice, but you will need to consider the sweetness/tartness of your juice of choice.
- 2 cups fresh watermelon juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can Ginger Ale or Sprite
- 1 cup fresh watermelon chunks
- 6 cucumber slices
- To make watermelon juice combine 4 cups of watermelon chunks in a blender and blend until smooth, pour through a mesh strainer. This should give you 2 cups of fresh watermelon juice.
- To make the Sparkling Cucumber Melon Coolers divide the melon and cucumber among two glasses and fill with ice. Combine the juice and sparkling water in a small pitcher, stir to combine.
- Pour in Ginger Ale or Sprite.
- Serve immediately.
- To make larger servings just use 2 cups of watermelon juice for each can of Ginger Ale or Sprite you use.