This Sunshine Shake is the perfect five ingredient breakfast smoothie that tastes just like an orange creamsicle!
This little beauty is an all time favorite. Growing up, it wasn’t a real breakfast unless a pitcher full of Sunshine Shake was passed around the table. You just had to be sure you poured your glass before my brother got to it, once he got a hold of it you were out of luck.
I have no idea where my Mom found this recipe but she has been making it for as long as I can remember. It tastes just like an orange creamsicle and is a major crowd pleaser!
Ingredients in Sunshine Shake
- Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate: frozen, but thawed just enough to remove from the container.
- Milk: regular, almond or oat milk all work in this recipe.
- Vanilla extract
- Water and Ice Cubes
You will also need a good blender for this recipe. This makes an entire pitcherful so you will need a regular, large blender pitcher.
How do I make a Creamsicle Smoothie?
This recipe is incredibly simple! There is no prep work required. You just need to follow two steps!
- Combine the frozen orange juice concentrate, milk, vanilla extract, water and ice.
- Blend at least 60 seconds until completely smooth.
Can this be made in advance?
Due to the ice this is best made fresh. If you need to make this in advance you can blend the orange juice concentrate, milk, water and vanilla extract and serve over ice. However, it has the best flavor and consistency when made as the recipe is directed.
Easy Breakfast Recipes
This Sunshine Shake is the perfect companion to any breakfast dish! We especially love this with Steak and Eggs or a hearty quiche! Some other ideas include:
- Strawberry Pancakes with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Sausage Gravy and Buttermilk Biscuits
- Ham and Cheese Biscuits
Other Drink Recipes
- 1 (12 ounce can) of frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2-2 1/2 cups ice
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend 30 seconds at a time until it reaches desired consistency. I normally add 1 1/2 cups of ice, blend, then add another cup of ice for a smoothie texture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
To avoid any confusion I remove erythritol from the final carb count and net carb count, as it is not known to affect blood glucose levels. To calculate Keto recipes listed on this site carbs - fiber = net carbs. I use Nutrifox as my nutrition calculator. This nutrition information is an estimate based on the information provided by Nutrifox and the specific ingredients I used.