This One Pan Sausage Cheese Pasta is the perfect 20 minute meal!
This is the ultimate easy, cheesy dinner recipe! Two of the most well loved recipes on my site are Easy Taco Mac and this delicious Chili Mac. Both are incredibly simple to make, require only one pan, and basic ingredients you may already have on hand. Todays recipe is an Italian spin on those loved recipes.
This One Pan Sausage Cheese Pasta features savory Italian sausage, chunks of tomatoes, tender noodles and loads of cheese! This is a family-friendly recipe even your pickiest eaters will love! I make this gluten free by using Barilla Gluten Free Elbow Noodles, but you can use your favorite variety.
What noodles do I use for One Pan Pasta?
This recipe calls for elbow noodles, I use a gluten free variety, but you can use a different brand if you wish. You can also use a different shape noodle, as long as it is something small like penne, bow tie or rigatoni. Longer noodles such as spaghetti, angel hair or fettuccini are not recommended for this recipe.
Can I Omit the Milk?
Yes, you can replace it with another liquid if desired. Keep in mind that the milk helps make the pasta mac ultra creamy, so your pasta won’t turn out as thick without it.
Tips for Making Sausage and Cheese Pasta
- If you don’t have elbow pasta on hand, you can use another short, sturdy pasta instead.
- As written this recipe uses three cheeses for great depth and taste, but if you prefer you can use 1 1/2 cups total of any cheese you prefer.
- This recipe can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta.
- Make sure you use a pan that has a fitted lid for this recipe.
More Easy Pasta Dinners:
- Easy Bacon Cheeseburger Mac, a lot like this recipe but loaded with bacon cheeseburger flavor!
- One Pan Chili Mac, just as good as this Taco Mac!
- Keto Tuna Casserole, with zucchini noodles instead of regular noodles.
- Keto Taco Casserole, also with zucchini noodles instead of regular pasta.
- Shrimp Pasta with Feta & Arugula, quick and easy!
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup broth beef broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper
- 1 1/2 cup elbow noodles (I use Barilla gluten free elbows)
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (or you can just use 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella total)
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat. Drain off any grease.
- Add the drained can of tomatoes, broth, milk, tomato sauce and spices.
- Increase heat to medium high until the mixture begins to simmer.
- Stir in noodles and reduce heat to low, cover and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- When noodles are tender, stir in the cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 1246mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g
To avoid any confusion I remove erythritol from the final carb count and net carb count, as it is not known to affect blood glucose levels. To calculate Keto recipes listed on this site carbs - fiber = net carbs. I use Nutrifox as my nutrition calculator. This nutrition information is an estimate based on the information provided by Nutrifox and the specific ingredients I used.