This loaded granola is packed with rich dark chocolate, tart cranberries, cinnamon, coconut, nuts, and seeds! It is the perfect grab and go snack for any occasion!
When I get ready to go on a trip I go into purging mode. I clean the house, throw out all kinds of things, scrub the floors and the countertops, I clean out the fridge and the cabinets like a mad woman. I don’t know why, I guess I just like the idea of coming back from a trip to a clean slate.
That is exactly what I did before we left for Utah. I took our dogs to my parents a few days before we left which left uninterrupted time to get everything in order. One of the things I did was make food for our trip. Just a couple snacks to keep handy in case we got stranded at the airport (like I expected) or if we couldn’t track down any gluten free food.
Our favorite snack ended up being this Dark Chocolate Cranberry Granola. It is amazing! It features cinnamon granola with dark chocolate chips, coconut, dried cranberries, honey roasted peanuts, poppy seeds and sesame seeds! Basically, every single thing left in my cabinets!
I loved how all of the flavors played so well together, and it had so many elements in it it was far more filling than regular granola.
This loaded granola is packed with rich dark chocolate, tart cranberries, cinnamon coconut, nuts, and seeds! It is the perfect grab and go snack for any occasion!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups gluten free Old Fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray (I also line with foil to ease clean up) and set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Microwave until coconut oil is melted (about 45 seconds) and stir in the oats.
- Stir oats well and make sure they are completely covered.
- Spread onto baking sheet and bake 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, stir mixture well and add the peanuts and seeds.
- Bake 10 more minutes and add the coconut to the granola mixture. Bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 15 minutes. Stir to break up the clumps and add the chocolate chips and cranberries.
Here are some of my favorite quick and easy snack recipes!