Creamy mocha filling is sandwiched in between graham crackers and topped with rich dark chocolate! This easy five ingredient Mocha Icebox Cake is the perfect Summer treat!
We picked the worst possible time of year to move. There is nothing quite like loading and unloading all of your belongings in 100 degree weather! This muggy Tennessee humidity has been killer! Fortunately, we have found a few ways to keep cool!
This Mocha Icebox Cake is SO EASY! This is the kind of dessert everyone needs in their back pocket for busy Summer days. You can make this Icebox cake with just five ingredients, and they are so basic you probably already have them on hand!
The base for this cake is gluten free graham crackers. This is the brand I like to use, just in case you haven’t tried them before they are very good! Then we use cream cheese, whipped cream and cappuccino mix for the filling. The beauty in this creamy filling is you can easily substitute lower calorie versions such as fat free cream cheese and fat free cool whip to make this a nice light way to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Once you’ve stacked a couple layers we just melt about a cup of chocolate frosting and pour it over the top! It is seriously that easy! Just a little tip, you can line your pan with parchment paper so you can easily pull out the entire icebox cake. This is really handy because it makes cutting and cleanup so much easier!
- 3-4 cups of gluten free graham crackers - I used 1.5 package
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese - feel free to use reduced fat or fat free
- 1 tub of cool whip - feel free to use reduced fat or fat free
- 1/4 cup cappuccino mix (any flavor you like)
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, cool whip and cappuccino mix.
- Line an 8x8 pan with graham crackers and top with the filling mixture.
- Repeat layers until you run out of filling.
- Place the cake in the freezer for 30 minutes to allow it to firm up before topping with chocolate (otherwise your frosting wants to run through your cake)
- Microwave the chocolate frosting for 30 seconds or just until it becomes pourable and melted.
- Evenly pour over the cake and freeze until firm.
Easy No Bake Recipes