This easy gluten free Andouille Sausage with Red Beans and Rice is an easy one pot meal perfect for busy weeknights!
This is one of Mr. Maebells favorite dishes! Spicy Andouille sausage is cooked until slightly crisp, and paired with sautéed veggies, tender red beans and a fiery tomato sauce! This is an easy weeknight meal perfect for chilly days! This is a great dish to take to a pot luck or to make for a get together. It makes a ton and keeps well!
My favorite thing about Andouille Sausage with Red Beans and Rice is that it is pretty easy to throw together, it mostly uses basic pantry staples you probably already have on hand. We love to pair this with these Cheddar and Summer Squash Cornmeal Muffins . It is a great flavor combination!
- 1 pound Andouille Sausage, sliced (Johnsonville Andouille Sausage is gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of rotel
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven with a lid to medium heat. Lightly spray pot with cooking spray and place sliced sausage in skillet.
- Cook sausage for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Add olive oil, chopped onion, peppers and garlic and let cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add drained and rinsed beans, undrained rotel.
- Add spices, broth and bay leaves (if using)
- Bring mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- 15 minutes before serving add in the rice, stir well and cover.
- Stir well and fluff rice.
- (Alternatively, you can put this in the crock pot and let simmer on low all day)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1691Total Fat: 74gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 277mgSodium: 5485mgCarbohydrates: 158gSugar: 11gProtein: 96g
Other Easy Meals