This One Pan Cheesy Jalapeño Chicken is the perfect easy keto dinner with just 5 net carbs! This recipe is perfect for busy nights and easy keto meal prep!
One pan dinners are the best. I love them even more than slow cooker dinners! When I started Keto I was a little bummed because my “go to” easy one pan dinners were off limits. So, I decided to work on some easy, delicious one pan low carb, keto meals for busy weeknights!
This One Pan Cheesy Jalapeño chicken is ready in under 30 minutes and loaded with flavor. It reheats perfectly so it is great for weekly keto meal prep or a freezer friendly dinner. This would be perfect served over some cauliflower rice to keep things keto. However, if you aren’t worried about carbs I would totally serve this with some warm tortilla chips or Mexican rice!
What ingredients do you need for One Pan Keto Cheesy Jalapeño Chicken?
The ingredients are pretty basic, they are probably things you have on hand pretty often making it great for nights when you have no dinner inspiration. Chicken breast, spices, a bit of onion and jalapeño and a few other pantry staples to make a creamy sauce. If you are making this for kiddos or those without a spice tolerance you can sub a can of mild green chilies for the jalapeños, either way it is delicious! The exact ingredients are:
- Chicken Breast
- Spices: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Onion (small amounts are ok on keto)
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
How do you make One Pan Keto Cheesy Jalapeño Chicken?
Begin by combining the spices. Sprinkle each side of the chicken breast and set aside. Next, heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, spray with nonstick spray or add up to 1 tablespoon olive oil.Sear the chicken in the skillet 2-3 minutes on each side until nicely browned, remove from skillet and set aside.
The next step is to make the cheesy jalapeño sauce. Add one tablespoon butter in the skillet and add the onion, jalapeños and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cream, broth, cream cheese and reduce heat to low. Stir mixture until cream cheese melts completely and add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese to the sauce, stir well. A nice thick creamy cheese sauce will form.
The last step is to add the chicken to the skillet and cover with the remaining cheese. Place a lid on the skillet and let simmer over low for 6-8 minutes. Serve immediately.
What are some other easy keto recipes?
You may also love these delicious Keto Spinach Bacon and Egg Muffins, they are only about 1 net carb each and great for keto meal prep. Another favorite of mine are these delicious Keto Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars. They have about 2 net carbs per serving and are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Some other easy recipes include:
- Perfect Blackened Pork Chops
- Easy Keto Chili
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- Keto Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- One Pan Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
- 4 small chicken breast (this was about 1.5 pounds for me)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (half of one small onion)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- Combine the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, spray with nonstick spray or add up to 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with the spice mixture on each size.
- Sear the chicken in the skillet 2-3 minutes on each side until nicely browned, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add one tablespoon butter in the skillet and add the onion, jalalpenos and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, broth, cream cheese and reduce heat to low.
- Stir mixture until cream cheese melts completely and add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese to the sauce, stir well.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Place a lid on the skillet and let simmer over low for 6-8 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 26.5gCarbohydrates: 5.1gNet Carbohydrates: 4.3gFiber: 0.8gProtein: 40.3g
Other Keto Recipes