This One Pan Cheesy Jalapeño Chicken is the perfect easy keto dinner with just 5 net carbs! This recipe is perfect for busy nights and easy keto meal prep!
One pan dinners are the best. I love them even more than slow cooker dinners! When I started Keto I was a little bummed because my “go to” easy one pan dinners were off limits. So, I decided to work on some easy, delicious one pan low carb, keto meals for busy weeknights!
This One Pan Cheesy Jalapeño chicken is ready in under 30 minutes and loaded with flavor. It reheats perfectly so it is great for weekly keto meal prep or a freezer friendly dinner. This would be perfect served over some cauliflower rice to keep things keto. However, if you aren’t worried about carbs I would totally serve this with some warm tortilla chips or Mexican rice!
The ingredients are pretty basic, they are probably things you have on hand pretty often making it great for nights when you have no dinner inspiration. Chicken breast, spices, a bit of onion and jalapeño and a few other pantry staples to make a creamy sauce. If you are making this for kiddos or those without a spice tolerance you can sub a can of mild green chilies for the jalapeños, either way it is delicious!
Other Easy Keto Recipes
- Perfect Blackened Pork Chops
- Easy Keto Chili
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- Keto Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- One Pan Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
- 4 small chicken breast (this was about 1.5 pounds for me)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (half of one small onion)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- Combine the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, spray with nonstick spray or add up to 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with the spice mixture on each size.
- Sear the chicken in the skillet 2-3 minutes on each side until nicely browned, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add one tablespoon butter in the skillet and add the onion, jalalpenos and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, broth, cream cheese and reduce heat to low.
- Stir mixture until cream cheese melts completely and add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese to the sauce, stir well.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Place a lid on the skillet and let simmer over low for 6-8 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289 Total Fat: 23.6g Carbohydrates: 5.1g Fiber: 0.8g
Other Keto Recipes