This Easy Taco Mac is a quick one pan, 30 minute meal packed with taco meat, noodles and cheese!
This is such a crazy time of year for us. The shop is gearing up for the holidays and Mr. Maebell usually takes a few trips so we always spread a little thin. A fanciful dinner is not an option. I am all about super easy, inexpensive meals and bonus points if it can be made in one pan! This Easy Taco Mac fits the bill perfectly. From start to finish this is a 30 minute meal made in one pan so clean up is a breeze. It also uses basic pantry staples that you probably already have on hand. This is a great meal to fit a family or if you are like us and just cooking for two you will have plenty of left overs for lunch or a repeat dinner!
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chiliesl, undrained
- 1 cup broth (chicken or beef broth)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup elbow noodles (I use Barilla gluten free elbows)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet brown the ground turkey or ground beef over medium heat, drain off any grease.
- Add the undrained can of Ro-Tel, broth, milk, tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- Increase heat to medium high until the mixture begins to simmer.
- Stir in noodles and reduce heat to low, cover and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- When noodles are tender stir in shredded cheddar cheese.
- **I used Barilla gluten free elbows and my cooking time is exactly 18 minutes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 125mg Sodium: 503mg Carbohydrates: 16g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 34g