This Keto Cabbage Casserole is a low-carb, easy dinner recipe ready in 30 minutes! The perfect easy keto dinner! Under 9 net carbs per serving!
This is one of my favorite easy low carb dinner options. From start to finish it will be in on the table in 30 minutes and only required one pan — talk about easy! I think cabbage is an underused ingredient. I have always loved cabbage rolls or my all time favorite cabbage soup because they are hardy, inexpensive meals that go a long way.
Ingredients in This Keto Cabbage Casserole
To make this cabbage and hamburger casserole recipe, you’ll need:
- Ground beef
- Canned tomatoes with green chiles
- Tomato sauce
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Shredded cheese
How to Make Cabbage Casserole
This One Pan Cabbage Casserole is a low carb version of the classic. Browned meat, chopped cabbage, tomatoes and spices come together to create a healthy, easy comfort food! Here is how we make it:
- Brown your meat and drain off any fat.
- Add a chopped onion and sauté until softened.
- Add in half a head of cabbage chopped into medium size chunks.
- Add one can of Ro-tel, a small can of tomato sauce, spices, and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, stir everything well and check the cabbage to see if it is tender enough for your liking. If it isn’t cooked, cover and check at 3 minute increments until it is.
- Cover with cheese and place the lid back on for just a minute or two until melted.
That’s it! An easy and filling low-carb dinner ready in no time at all!
Can I Prep Hamburger Cabbage Casserole in Advance?
This keto casserole is best enjoyed right away. However, since cabbage is a hearty vegetable you’d likely be fine to prep this recipe in advance and reheat it later. If prepping in advance, I recommend waiting to sprinkle the cheese on top until you plan on serving it.
Can I Add Other Veggies to This Dish?
I don’t see why not! You’re welcome to add veggies like bell peppers, jalapeños, etc. to this cabbage and hamburger. You could even add a can of drained black beans, if desired. Just keep in mind that adding veggies and / or beans would affect the number of net carbs per serving.
Tips for Making Hamburger Cabbage Casserole
- You can use ground beef or ground turkey in this low carb casserole recipe.
- Make sure you don’t chop the cabbage too small since it shrinks so much while it is cooking.
- Do NOT drain the canned tomatoes and green chiles. The liquid the tomatoes are in is packed with flavor!
More Low Carb Casseroles:
- Keto Taco Zoodle Casserole
- Low-Carb Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Casserole
- Keto Tuna Zoodle Casserole
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey, browned and drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 head of cabbage chopped into medium chunks (roughly 3 cups)
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies (undrained)
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or colby jack is our favorite)
- In a medium size skillet brown your beef or turkey over medium heat, drain off any grease.
- Add the diced onion and sauté 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, tomatoes with green chilies, tomato sauce, spices and stir well.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium cooking for 15-18 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheese!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 5.3gCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1.6g