This Asparagus and White Cheddar Quiche is packed with perfectly tender asparagus, salty bacon and sharp cheddar cheese. Perfect for a Spring brunch!
I think quiches are kind of like miracle foods. You pile a bunch of stuff in a pie crust, pour some beaten eggs over the top, bake and voila, a dish that is bound to impress anyone.
Quiches are one of my go to dishes for when I am feeling particularly uninspired, or my favorite way to use a plethera of odd and end ingredients. Have some ham? Throw it in there? Random vegetables? Sure, why not! I don’t think I have ever had a bad flavor combination.
This was not meant to be a “blog worthy” meal. It was actually my way of using up the ingredients we had left before we left town for a few days. I had a ton of eggs, half a bunch of almost gone asparagus and a block of white cheddar. Oh, and bacon. You can’t forget the bacon.
This surprised me, a delightful surprise. The asparagus was perfectly tender, the salty bacon balanced the sharp white cheddar. It is the perfect dish for a brunch, or a quick dinner. It would also make a perfect addition to your Easter menu!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 package Pilsbury gluten free pie crust
- 3/4 cup sharp shredded white cheddar
- 10-12 asparagus spears, tough ends removed
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Spray a rectangular tart pan or pie pan with cooking spray, press the pie crust into the dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over the bottom of the crust, top with the chopped bacon, and asparagus spears (I cut mine in half)
- Combine the eggs and ricotta until completely combined (I use my blender) pour the egg mixture into the dish, top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until set.