These Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites are the perfect low carb, grab and go, Keto friendly breakfast option! Perfect for an easy meal prep breakfast!
Quick, low carb breakfast options can be a tricky thing to master. When you think of a grab and go breakfast it generally consists of muffins or pastries. Lighter options might include yogurt and fruit but if you are watching your carbs even those can add up quickly. These delicious Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites are packed with protein and super easy.
The ingredient list for these cheesy bites is really simple. Sausage, eggs, cream cheese, cheese and coconut flour. That makes these KETO and gluten free and they freeze and reheat really well so you can add them to your meal prep list!
If you are actually following a Keto diet here is the nitty gritty on the carbs. According to my recipe calculator each bite (this makes 32 equal size bites with my small cookie dough scoop) has 1.2 grams of carbs and 0.5 grams of fiber. Making each little bite just 0.70 net carb, so even if you pop five of these delicious bites you are only at 3.5 carbs. Check just below the recipe card for the nutrition breakdown.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and cooled slightly
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your breakfast sausage, drain and set it aside to cool slightly.
- When the sausage has cooled add it to a mixing bowl and combine with the cream cheese until there are no cream cheese clumps left.
- **It is important to make sure the sausage is not too hot before continuing as it will cook the egg when you add it in the next step**
- Stir in cheese, eggs, coconut flour and baking powder.
- When the mixture is well incorporated allow it to chill for 5-10 minutes. Coconut flour continues to absorb moisture so if it seems to runny it won't be.
- **Skipping this step and not chilling the dough will result in flat bites, not balls like you see in the photos**
- Grease a baking sheet and using a small cooking scoop place the Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites on the tray,
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
You may also like our Keto Pizza Bites! They are loaded with Italian sausage and mozzarella! Perfect for keto meal prep and under 1 net carb per bite!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: Nutrition per bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79 Total Fat: 5.9g Carbohydrates: 1.2g Fiber: 0.5g Protein: 5g
Here are the handy nutrition facts! I did this based on ONE of these delicious cheesy bites to make it simple. They have LESS THAN ONE NET CARB! Can I get an AMEN?!
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!