These Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites are the perfect low carb, grab and go, Keto friendly breakfast option! Perfect for an easy meal prep breakfast!
Quick, low carb breakfast options can be a tricky thing to master. When you think of a grab and go breakfast it generally consists of muffins or pastries. Lighter options might include yogurt and fruit but if you are watching your carbs even those can add up quickly. These delicious Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites are packed with protein and super easy.
The ingredient list for these cheesy bites is really simple. Sausage, eggs, cream cheese, cheese and coconut flour. That makes these KETO and gluten free and they freeze and reheat really well so you can add them to your meal prep list!
If you are actually following a Keto diet here is the nitty gritty on the carbs. According to my recipe calculator each bite (this makes 32 equal size bites with my small cookie dough scoop) has 1.2 grams of carbs and 0.5 grams of fiber. Making each little bite just 0.70 net carb, so even if you pop five of these delicious bites you are only at 3.5 carbs. Check just below the recipe card for the nutrition breakdown.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and cooled slightly
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your breakfast sausage, drain and set it aside to cool slightly.
- When the sausage has cooled add it to a mixing bowl and combine with the cream cheese until there are no cream cheese clumps left.
- **It is important to make sure the sausage is not too hot before continuing as it will cook the egg when you add it in the next step**
- Stir in cheese, eggs, coconut flour and baking powder.
- When the mixture is well incorporated allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Coconut flour continues to absorb moisture so if it seems to runny it won't be.
- Grease a baking sheet and using a small cooking scoop place the Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites on the tray,
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
Here are the handy nutrition facts! I did this based on ONE of these delicious cheesy bites to make it simple. They have LESS THAN ONE NET CARB! Can I get an AMEN?!
You may also like: