These keto sausage egg and cheese bites are the perfect breakfast on the go. They’re cheesy packed full of protein, and only have one net carb each!
Keto Friendly Breakfast Egg Bites
I don’t know about you, but when I wake up I want protein. Nothing’s better than starting your day with a hearty, protein-filled breakfast. It keeps you energized all day long. These keto sausage egg and cheese bites are one of my go-to low carb breakfast ideas. They’re full of juicy meat, melty cheese, and rich eggs. And that’s pretty much it!
These keto egg bites aren’t just healthy and delicious. They’re also incredibly easy to cook. They only use 6 ingredients, and they take just 45 minutes to make. I always keep some around for an easy breakfast or a snack on the go.
Why You’ll Love These Easy Keto Sausage Balls
This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes. I’m sure you’ll love it. Here’s why.
- Protein, protein, protein. This recipe has two types of cheese and a hefty amount of sausage and eggs. The only other ingredients are coconut flour and baking powder. They’re pretty much pure protein balls!
- Simple. I think it’s important for breakfast recipes to be simple. The last thing you want in the morning is to spend a stressful hour in the kitchen. These egg bites only take 35 minutes to make, and they require minimal work.
- Make it ahead of time. This keto breakfast is best right out of the oven. But it’s really good for the next few days, too. I like to make a big batch of sausage egg and cheese bites to keep in the fridge or freezer. Whenever I need a protein-heavy snack or don’t have time to make breakfast, they’re waiting for me.
What You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients that you’ll need to make this low carb breakfast. Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the page to see the exact amounts for each ingredient.
- Breakfast sausage – You can use whatever type of breakfast sausage you prefer.
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Shredding your own cheese will give you the best results, but you can use pre-shredded if you prefer.
- Coconut flour – You can replace this with the keto friendly flour of your choice.
- Baking powder
How to Make Keto Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites
Here’s how to make this quick and easy keto breakfast.
- Prep. Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Cook the meat. Fully cook the breakfast sausage in a pan. Drain the fat from the pan, and set the meat aside to cool.
- Add the cream cheese. Once the meat has cooled, transfer it to a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, and stir to mix. Make sure the cream cheese is well incorporated.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Add the shredded cheese, eggs, coconut flour, and baking powder to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Chill. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Scoop the dough. Grease a baking sheet and remove the dough from the fridge. Use a small cookie scoop or a spoon to place balls of dough on the baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake the sausage, egg, and cheese bites for 18-20 minutes.
Tips and Variations
Here are a few tricks, tips, and variations for you when making this cheesy keto breakfast.
- Get some color on the meat. Even though you’re going to bake the egg bites, you want to get color on the sausage. When you cook the meat in the pan, make sure you’re browning it. Browning meat is how you get the most flavor.
- Let the sausage cool completely. It’s important to make sure that you let the sausage cool fully before adding the rest of the ingredients. Otherwise, you might melt the cream cheese and cook the eggs. This will mess up the texture of your breakfast.
- Use room temperature ingredients. For best results, use cream cheese and eggs that are at room temperature. When these ingredients are at room temperature, they’ll better mix with the other ingredients. That makes for a more smooth and airy egg bite.
- Add seasonings of your choice. This recipe is perfect as is. But feel free to play with it based on what you like. You could add herbs, spices, hot sauce, or garlic to these sausage, egg, and cheese bites.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Part of why I love this recipe is because it will last in the fridge for up to 5 days. Just store any leftover keto bites in an airtight container. You can eat them cold, or reheat them. To reheat, warm them in the microwave at 80% power in 15-second increments. Or you can heat them in a 350F oven for 5 minutes.
Can I Freeze These Cheesy Egg Bites?
Absolutely! These breakfast bites will last for 3 months in the freezer if stored in an airtight container. Reheat in a 350F oven for 8-10 minutes, or defrost and heat in the microwave.
More Keto Breakfast Ideas to Try
I hope you enjoy these sausage, egg, and cheese bites as much I do. Here are some other keto friendly breakfasts for you to start your day with.
- Keto Ham and Cheese Bites
- Keto Bacon Egg and Cheese Bites
- Ham Egg and Cheese Muffins
- Keto Sausage and Biscuits
- Sausage and Spinach Quiche
- Ham and Cheese Calzone
Keto Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook your breakfast sausage, drain off any excess fat, and set it aside to cool slightly.
- When the sausage has cooled, add it to a mixing bowl and combine with the cream cheese until there are no cream cheese clumps left. (It is important to make sure the sausage is not too hot before continuing, as it will cook the egg when you add it in the next step).
- Stir in the cheddar cheese, eggs, coconut flour, and baking powder.
- When the mixture is well incorporated, cover and chill in the fridge for 5-10 minutes. Coconut flour continues to absorb moisture, so if the dough feels too runny, this step will help. Skipping this step and not chilling the dough will result in flat bites, not balls like you see in the photos.
- Grease a baking sheet and using a small cooking scoop place the sausage, egg, and cheese bites on the tray.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat in a 350F oven for 5-10 minutes, or in a microwave on 80% power in 15-second increments.