This Creamy Chicken Soup is a hearty, nutritious dinner that is ready in about 30 minutes!
Creamy Chicken Soup
The weather is getting cooler, so that can only mean one thing- soup! This is the BEST Creamy Chicken Soup recipe. It’s quick, rich, and perfectly comforting. This chicken and vegetable soup will warm you up to your bones, which is exactly what you want when it’s chilly out. Shredded chicken is combined with fresh carrots, peas, onion, bell pepper, celery and spinach, so this soup is packed with vegetables. You can really feel great about feeding this to your family- this is a healthy soup that everyone in your house is going to gobble up!
The chicken and vegetables are cooked in a garlic Italian base and mixed with poultry seasoning and chicken broth. Then everything is combined with heavy cream and cream cheese to make the perfect luscious, savory bowl of soup! Every bite of this Creamy Chicken Soup is velvety, hearty and just incredibly satisfying. This soup comes together in 30 minutes and you only need one pot to make it! You can whip this together on a weeknight in a flash. This chicken and vegetable soup is also low carb and keto- there’s about 5 net carbs per bowl!
Ingredients in Chicken and Vegetable Soup
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Creamy Chicken Soup recipe. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Butter (or olive oil) and garlic
- Onion, carrots, bell pepper, celery, peas, spinach
- Chicken, poultry seasoning and Italian seasoning
- Chicken broth, heavy cream and cream cheese
How do I make this Creamy Chicken Soup recipe?
This Chicken Vegetable Soup is ready in only a few simple steps!
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven to medium heat and add olive oil or butter. Saute the garlic, onion, celery, bell pepper and carrots for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Add your chicken, poultry seasoning, Italian seasoning and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, cover and lower heat to medium low.
- Cook the soup for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken and shred.
- Before adding the chicken back to the pot, add the heavy cream and cream cheese. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the spinach, peas and chicken to the pot. Cover and allow spinach to wilt. Serve with parmesan, salt and pepper.
How to Store and Reheat this Creamy Chicken Vegetable Soup
To store this soup, keep in a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid. Keep in the fridge for up to four days. You can reheat this soup in two different ways- on the stove top or the microwave. In the microwave, place in a bowl and cover. Warm in 30 second increments until warm enough for you. On the stove top, add to a pot and heat over medium heat until warmed through.
Tips for the BEST Chicken Vegetable Soup recipe
- Chop the veggies nice and small so you get a bit in every single bite.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened so it melts smoothly into the soup.
- Make sure you whisk the cream cheese and heavy cream well so it creates a perfect, smooth texture.
- The last step is to add the spinach and peas to the soup. Make sure the peas have warmed through and the spinach has wilted before serving.
- Serve with good quality parmesan or asiago cheese!
- If you know that you are planning on making this soup on a night when your house is especially crazy, prep your veggies in advance! This way you just need to add everything to the pot and let it cook.
What should I serve with this Chicken Vegetable Soup?
You can’t go wrong with what you serve with this Creamy Chicken Soup- it really goes with everything! Try one of my Keto Bread Recipes– some of my favorites are Cheddar Garlic Biscuits or Three Cheese Biscuits.
Healthy Soup Recipes
- Cheesy Italian Sausage Soup
- Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
- Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup with Chicken
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon each poultry seasoning and Italian seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup green peas, thawed
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven to medium heat. Add the olive oil and saute the garlic, onion, celery, bell pepper, and carrots 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add the chicken to the pot, top with the poultry and Italian seasoning and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer, place the lid on the soup and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Allow the soup to cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the chicken is tender and cooked through remove from the pot and shred.
- While the chicken is on the cutting board add the heavy cream and softened cream cheese. Whisk until the cream cheese has dissolved.
- Stir in the chopped spinach, green peas and shredded chicken. Place the lid on the soup and allow the spinach and peas to warm through. Stir and serve when the spinach has wilted.
- Serve with shredded parmesan and add salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 6.7gCholesterol: 75.8mgSodium: 438mgCarbohydrates: 7.2gNet Carbohydrates: 5.3gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 3.4gProtein: 21.3g