This Keto Salad Bowl is the perfect healthy lunch! Tender chicken is paired with greens, vegetables and ranch inside of a delicious chaffle bowl! Enjoy this keto meal at only 2.9 net carbs!
Keto Salad Bowl
Have you ever gotten a salad bowl at a restaurant? Basically a fried tortilla? I have made a keto version! Enjoy this low carb adaptation of a classic! With my newest creation, a Chaffle Bowl, you are able to make an amazing keto salad bowl at home. This recipe features juicy grilled chicken, fresh tomatoes, salad greens, bacon and ranch, all layered inside this tasty chaffle bowl.
This recipe is perfect for keto meal prep, a low carb lunch or keto dinner! At only 2.9 net carbs, you can’t ask for a better keto meal! This salad is an especially great way to use up any extra chicken or protein you have in your house. Even your pickiest eaters will love eating their greens out of this fun chaffle bowl!
Ingredients in Keto Chicken Salad
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our keto Salad Bowl. For the complete recipe and measurements, simply scroll to the bottom of the page.
For the Chaffle Bowl:
- Eggs- size large
- Shredded cheese- any variety
- Almond flour and baking powder
For the keto salad:
- Chaffle bowl
- Salad greens- any type you like
- Grilled chicken– sliced
- Tomato and bacon- chopped
- Ranch dressing and salt and pepper
How do you make this keto salad recipe?
First, prepare your Chaffle Bowl. Combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Add to a preaheated Waffle Bowl Maker that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Add two tablespoons of the batter and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until there is no longer any steam coming from the maker. Set aside.
Next, layer your salad greens, grilled and sliced chicken (I love this Chipotle Ranch Chicken or Jalapeno Lime Chicken), chopped tomato, bacon, low carb ranch and salt and pepper. And you’re done! The perfect keto lunch, ready in just minutes!
Tips for the best low carb chicken salad
- Be sure to not overfill your waffle bowl maker with batter. You only need two tablespoons.
- Change it up! If you prefer, you can add ground beef or turkey to this recipe. You can also use Crock Pot Chicken or canned chicken.
- If you’re vegetarian, feel free to omit the chicken altogether. You can also use a different type of protein, such as tofu.
- Add different veggies! Mushrooms, zucchini or cucumber would all be delicious in this keto recipe
Is this keto salad recipe good for keto meal prep?
This is a fantastic low carb meal prep recipe. It can be a little hard to transport these keto salad bowls without breaking the bowl, so I just kept the chaffle bowls in a separate container. In another container I had the chicken, bacon, tomatoes, greens already sprinkled with salt and pepper. I grabbed a bottle of ranch and I was good to go!
How to store these salad bowls
The Chaffle Bowls will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 48 hours. Store in the fridge in a glass or plastic container with an airtight lid, or in a plastic bag. I do not recommend storing this salad bowl once it has been mixed- the juice from the vegetables can make the chaffle bowl a little soggy. So if you are preparing beforehand, it is best to store your chaffle bowls and salad ingredients separately.
More easy keto recipes
- Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
- Air Fryer Cabbage and Sausage
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Chicken Alfredo Zucchini Boats
For the Chaffle Bowl:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese (any variety or texture)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Keto Salad Bowl:
- 1 chaffle bowl
- 1/3 cup salad greens
- 1/4 cup sliced grilled chicken
- 2 tablespoons of chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped bacon
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your chaffle bowl. Combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Preheat a waffle bowl maker and spray with oil. Add two tablespoons of batter to the waffle bowl maker (do not overfill) and cook for 3-4 minutes or until there is no longer steam coming from the waffle maker. **This recipe makes eight chaffle bowls**
- Layer your greens, chicken, tomato, bacon , ranch dressing and add salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 24.1gCholesterol: 123.1mgSodium: 449.5mgCarbohydrates: 3.6gNet Carbohydrates: 2.9gFiber: 0.7gSugar: 2gProtein: 16.5g