This easy Peppermint Keto Bark is the perfect low-carb holiday dessert! Even better, it’s made with just 4 ingredients and takes just 10 minutes to prep!
I cannot believe how quickly the holidays have snuck up on us this year! Odds are your schedule is packed with holiday programs, parties and family get togethers. I always feel like the holiday season is a special time, but it is always the season where I feel shortest on time.
Today I have an ultra easy, four-ingredient, low-carb dessert recipe to share. This is the perfect gift or dish to take to a party. This low carb Keto Peppermint Bark combines rich dark chocolate, crunchy almonds, and refreshing mint. The best part is it only takes about 10 minutes of prep time!
Ingredients for Keto Bark
It doesn’t get much easier than this low-carb chocolate peppermint bark! Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Lilly’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil
- Chopped Almonds
- Mint Extract
How to Make Keto Bark
This homemade peppermint bark recipe is incredibly simple!
Step 1: Begin by melting the coconut oil and adding the chocolate chips, stirring well so they melt evenly. This can be done by heating the coconut oil in a medium size sauce pan over medium low heat, or by using a microwave proof bowl and heating in 30 second increments.
Step 2: When the chocolate is melted stir in the mint extract.
Step 3: The next step is to line a baking pan with wax paper, then sprinkle the chopped almonds evenly over the wax paper. Pour the melted chocolate over the wax paper and spread it evenly.
Step 4: Allow the chocolate to cool completely. I prefer to set my pan in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until set. Then break apart or slice and enjoy!
Can I Use Regular Chocolate Chips?
You can use regular chocolate chips to make this easy peppermint bark if you’re not concerned with keeping the recipe keto.
Can I Omit the Almonds?
Of course! If you have an almond allergy or simply want to omit then, feel free to do so.
Tips for Making Keto Chocolate Bark
- Don’t add more mint extract than the recipe calls for. It’s a very potent ingredient and can quickly overwhelm the dessert.
- If stored in the fridge, this keto chocolate peppermint bark will last up to 3 weeks.
- You’re welcome to add different nuts if you don’t like almonds. Just be sure to finely chop whatever nuts you use.
Other Keto Holiday Desserts:
This simple Keto Chocolate Bark isn’t the only way to get satisfy your sweet tooth on a low-carb diet. I have tons of other easy and delicious keto desserts. Some of my favorites are:
- Classic Keto No-Bake Cookies
- Keto Cheesecake Brownies
- The BEST Keto Lemon Bars
- Keto Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
- 3-Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
- Keto No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 (9 ounce) bag of Lilly's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 3/4 cup almonds, chopped
- sea salt, for garnish (optional)
- Heat a medium size sauce pan over medium low heat. Add the coconut oil.
- When the coconut oil has melted, add the chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- When the chocolate is melted, stir in the mint extract.
- Line a baking pan with wax paper, then sprinkle the chopped almonds evenly over the wax paper. Pour the melted chocolate over the wax paper and spread it evenly.
- Allow the chocolate to cool completely. I prefer to set my pan in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until set.
- Top with sea salt if desired, break apart or slice and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: roughly a 1 inch square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 7.6gCarbohydrates: 5.4gNet Carbohydrates: 2.1gFiber: 3.3gSugar: 0.2gProtein: 0.7g