Keto Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers are the ultimate low carb appetizer! Each generous serving size has less than 3 net carbs!
One of the most loved keto appetizers on this site is my Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushroom recipe. You guys love it! It is easy to see why, browned sausage, spicy jalapeño and loads of cheese are stuffed in mushrooms and baked until bubbly! It is a low carb delight that makes a great party appetizer or easy dinner recipe.
Today I’m sharing an equally delicious recipe that you are sure to love. These Keto Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers are naturally low carb and gluten free. This is an excellent recipe to adjust based on your personal preferences. You can mix up the variety of cheeses, or use a spicy sausage if you prefer.
Ingredients for Keto Jalapeno Poppers
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need. For the complete recipe just keep scrolling.
- Fresh Jalapeños: you want to look for medium to large peppers. Small peppers are very hard to stuff.
- Cream Cheese: regular or reduced fat work for this recipe.
- Shredded Cheese: cheddar, Colby-Jack, gouda, Swiss, or Pepper-Jack work great in this recipe.
- Browned Breakfast Sausage: you can use mild or spicy sausage in this recipe.
How do you make Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños?
You can make this keto sausage stuffed peppers by following a few simple steps!
- VERY CAREFULLY slice the jalapeños and remove the seeds. Take care not to touch your eyes, mouth or nose. Place the seeded pepper halves on a baking sheet.
- Brown the sausage and drain off the grease. Combine the cooked sausage, cream cheese, and shredded cheese. Stuff each pepper half with the filling.
- Bake the peppers at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Your cooking time will vary slightly based on how large the peppers are, the peppers are done when tender and the filling has warmed through.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- Most importantly, be careful when slicing and deseeding the jalapeños! It is best to use gloves and take great care not to touch your eyes or nose when working with jalapeño seeds.
- Do not overstuff the filling, remember it will expand and the peppers will shrink.
- The cooking time will vary slightly based on how large your peppers are.
Other Keto Appetizers
- 1/2 pound cooked sausage, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 14 large jalapeños, sliced and seeded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the cooked, drained sausage with the cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Place the jalapeño halves, sliced side up, on a baking dish. Place a generous spoonful of the sausage mixture into each jalapeño.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 servings Serving Size: 4 poppers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 18.9gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 3.2gNet Carbohydrates: 2.4gFiber: 0.8gSugar: 1.8gProtein: 8g