These easy Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms are loaded with sausage, peppers, and cheese!
My recipes have few ingredients, but basic ingredients are always the most popular. Some of those recipes include these three ingredient Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos. They are simple, take less than 10 minutes to make and have very few carbs. My Crab and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms and Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms also make the list of super popular and incredibly easy recipes. These make perfect low carb appetizers or an easy, effortless dinner.
These Keto Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms fit the bill perfectly, they are easy to make have tons of flavor and can be made in about 30 minutes. This will be a new go-to for a quick, low-carb dinner!
Are stuffed mushrooms keto?
Yes! Well it depends on what you stuff them with, of course, but most stuffed mushroom recipes include mushrooms, a cheese mixture, and a protein or vegetable. So, this is generally a really easy food to fit into a keto diet. For this particular recipe, it has about four net carbs per serving.
What ingredients do you need for Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Mushrooms?
You only need five simple ingredients to make these addictive little bites! These ingredients include:
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
How do you make Keto Stuffed Mushrooms?
There is just a small amount of prep work required for this recipe. The first step is to cook the sausage and drain off any fat. Set the sausage aside and allow it to cool slightly. Next, wash your mushrooms and remove the stems. I highly recommend taking the extra step to use a small teaspoon to hollow out the mushrooms a little bit more. This allows you to really pack the mushrooms full and also to remove the “gills” inside the mushrooms which can have an unappealing texture.
Once the mushroom caps have been prepped you can make the filling. Combine the cooked sausage with softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese and chopped jalapeño. Carefully stuff the mushrooms and press the mixture into the caps firmly so they are tightly packed. Add the mushroom caps to a baking dish and bake 18-20 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is bubbly.
What are some other easy keto recipes?
Everyone needs a few easy and delicious recipes perfect for get togethers or busy nights. These are some of my favorite low carb keto recipes that are ready in under 30 minutes:
- Pesto Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Crispy Buffalo Wings
- Thai Chopped Chicken Salad
- Crispy Keto Zucchini Fries
- Keto Chicken Taquitos
Keto Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/2 pound cooked sausage drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapenos seeded and finely chopped
- 16 ounces of small portabella mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cooked, drained sausage with the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and chopped jalapeños, and set aside.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems. I like to use a 1/2 metal teaspoon to hollow out a little more of the inside of the mushroom, but that is optional. Stuff the mushroom with the sausage cream cheese mixture
- Bake the mushrooms 18-20 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- This serves 4 as a meal and at least 6 as an appetizer.
- If serving 4 this recipe 3.4 net carbs.