When you need some low carb comfort food try this Keto Broccoli Cheddar Chicken! A one-pan, low-carb dinner that’s under 7 net carbs per serving.
These rainy, cold days have me longing for spring and craving good old comfort foods. One of my favorite dishes has always been a Broccoli Cheddar Chicken and Rice Casserole. There is just something so comforting about a good cheesy casserole.
I recently created this Keto Broccoli Cheddar Chicken that is a low-carb version of that classic dish. It is hearty, easy and perfect for busy nights!
Ingredients in Keto Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
For this chicken, broccoli, and cheese recipe, I use the same cheese sauce that I use in my Keto Taco Zoodle Casserole. It is a rich, creamy cheese sauce that is made on the stove top.
To make things really easy, I cook the chicken and the cheese sauce in the same pan to keep this an easy one pan meal. The ingredients you will need are:
- Spices: Onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika
- Almond milk
- Heavy Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
How to Make Keto Broccoli Cheddar Chicken
This cheesy dish is my take on a low-carb chicken broccoli casserole. Here are the basic steps to making it:
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet to medium heat. Add butter, cubed chicken and spices. Stir so the chicken is coated with the spices.
- Cook the chicken until it has browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the additional butter, garlic, almond milk, cream cheese and part of the cheddar cheese.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the cream cheese has broken up whisk the mixture so it is completely smooth.
- Add the chicken and broccoli to the skillet. Carefully stir so the mixture coats the chicken and broccoli well.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. This is important because the cheese sauce thickens as it cools.
Can I Use Different Veggies?
I don’t see why not! Just keep in mind that different veggies have different cook times, so that may impact how you make the cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole.
Tips for Making Keto Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- For a spicier version of this broccoli cheddar chicken, use half cheddar and half Pepper Jack.
- I bet you could use ground chicken or another finely diced meat of choice in this recipe too.
- Enjoy the low-carb chicken broccoli casserole as is, or serve it alongside some cauliflower rice or a side salad.
Other One-Pan Keto Recipes:
One-pan recipes have always been my favorite. I have a ton of easy one-pan keto recipes you will love.
- One Pan Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
- Cheesy Sausage and Cabbage Skillet
- Keto Cheesy Jalapeno Chicken
- One-Pan Salmon and Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner
- Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
- Sausage and Cabbage Skillet
- One-Pan Green Chili Chicken
Chicken and Broccoli:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large, oven proof skillet to medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter, cubed chicken, and spices. Stir so the chicken is coated with the spices.
- Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes or until it has browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the cheese sauce ingredients (butter, garlic, almond milk, cream cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese).
- Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally. When the cream cheese has broken up whisk the mixture so it is completely smooth. A thick cheese sauce will form.
- Add the cooked chicken and broccoli to the skillet. Carefully stir so the mixture coats the chicken and broccoli well.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove the skillet from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. This is important because the cheese sauce thickens as it cools.
For a spicy version, use half Pepper Jack cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: About 1 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 17gCholesterol: 120.3mgCarbohydrates: 9.6gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 30.7g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!