These Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars feature a shortbread cookie crust, vanilla cheesecake and delicious pecan pie layer! This impressive dessert is keto-friendly and has just 5 net carbs per slice!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
Two classic desserts in one dreamy bar, what more could you ask for! This recipe features a sweet cookie crust, then a creamy vanilla cheesecake layer that is topped with a pecan pie layer with hints of caramel, vanilla and sea salt! This dish is a labor of love; it is not as simple as some of my other dessert recipes, but I promise it is worth the wait! For more fun fall recipes, check out this list of 20+ Easy Fall Desserts!
Ingredients for Keto Cheesecake Bars
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients required for this recipe. For the complete, printable recipe just keep scrolling. To make Keto Cheesecake Bars you will need:
- Dry Goods: almond flour, monkfruit sweetener, vanilla extract, allulose sweetener, salt
- Cold Ingredients: butter, cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, heavy cream
- Equipment: 8×8 pan, parchment paper or foil, an electric mixer
How to Make Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Crust: Combine the butter, almond flour, sweetener and vanilla and pre-bake the crust in a prepared 8×8 baking pan. Bake the crust 8 minutes (just enough to set the crust!) and allow it to cool completely while making the other layers.
- Cheesecake: Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, egg, sweetener, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat the mixture until completely smooth and set aside.
- Pecan Pie: Melt the butter in a large sauce pan, add the allulose sweetener and stir until dissolved. Allow the mixture to cool while stirring continuously until it turns golden, this will take about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat and add the heavy cream while stirring. The mixture will bubble and steam, this is normal. Stir in the pecans, vanilla and salt. Remove from heat. Allow the mixture to cool at least 20 minutes, stir in the beaten eggs.
- Assemble: Spread the cooled cheesecake layer on the cooled crust, top with the pecan pie layer. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes until the pecan pie layer does not wiggle in the center. Cool and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Why do I have to use two sweeteners?
This recipe uses two sweeteners. Monk fruit is used in the crust and cheesecake layer. Allulose is used for the pecan pie layer. The allulose is used because monk fruit will crystalize and become grainy when cooked in this method.
If you do not have access to allulose you can use granular monk fruit for the pecan pie layer. HOWEVER, the mixture will not be smooth, it will be quite grainy as it cools. These bars are a bit labor intensive, I would only recommend making them if you use the correct sweetener.
Can I Substitute the Almond Flour?
No, this recipe has its best taste and texture when almond flour is used. Coconut flour is not a 1:1 substitution for almond flour, and I do not suggest it for this recipe.
Can I Freeze Cheesecake Bars?
Cheesecake Bars keep in the freezer for up to 3 months if stored in an air tight freezer container. Before you freeze your cheesecake, be sure that it has cooled to room temperature.
Then simply slice, if you want to be able to remove one piece at a time, or you can freeze unsliced if you prefer. Simply remove the cheesecake one day before serving and allow it to thaw in the fridge.
Tips for the Best Low Carb Cheesecake
- Line the pan: This will make clean up and removal of the bars so much easier. You can use parchment paper or foil if you prefer.
- Butter is better: The crust is very buttery. You may question the amount of butter, but trust me! This ensures a soft, buttery shortbread crust. Less butter will result in a dry, crumbly crust.
- Temperature is important: This recipe features three very distinct layers. The instructions are very clear on when you need to allow certain parts of this recipe to cool. Do not rush the process, cool the ingredients as instructed or the bars will be a mess.
- Prep the ingredients: Use room temperature cream cheese for the smoothest texture.
Keto Cheesecake Recipes
- Keto Butter Pecan Cheesecake
- Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Keto No Bake Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel Mocha Cheesecake Bars
Keto Dessert Recipes
- The Best Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
- Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
Want more? Check out this list of the BEST Keto Desserts!
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners monkfruit sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) bars cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup confectioners monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Pecan Pie Layer
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup granular allulose sweetener (see notes below)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchement paper or foil, and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour, sweetener and vanilla extract until a thick dough forms. Press into the prepared pan and bake for 8 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE. The crust should be set and very lightly browned. Allow the crust to cool completely while you make the other layers.
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- Combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, sweetener, vanilla and egg in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until completely smooth. Set the bowl aside.
For the Pecan Pie Layer
- Heat a large sauce pan to medium low heat. Add the butter and when it has completely melted and begun to bubble add the allulose sweetener and stir continously until dissolved.
- As you stir the mixture will begin to turn brown like caramel. (this takes about 5 minutes) When the sweetener mixture resembles honey and is gold in color, stir in the heavy cream. The mixture will bubble and steam, this is normal.
- Stir in the pecans, vanilla and salt and remove from heat. Allow the mixture to cool 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. It will thicken as it cools.
- When the mixture has cooled stir in the beaten eggs (be sure the mixture is not too hot or it will cook the eggs).
- Spread the cheesecake layer over the cooled, pre-baked crust. Next, spread the pecan pie layer evenly on top.
- Bake the bars 30-35 minutes until the pecan pie layer is set and does not wiggle in the middle.
- Allow the bars to cool, transfer to a fridge and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Sweetener Notes: This recipe uses two sweeteners. Monkfruit is used in the crust and cheesecake layer.
Allulose is used for the pecan pie layer. The allulose is used because monkfruit will crystalize and become grainy when cooked in this method. If you do not have access to allulose you can use granular monkfruit for the pecan pie layer. HOWEVER, the mixture will not be smooth, it will be quite grainy as it cools. These bars are a bit labor intensive, I would only reccomend making them if you use the correct sweetener.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 593Total Fat: 53gCholesterol: 203mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 8.2gNet Carbohydrates: 5.1gFiber: 3.1gSugar: 1.7gProtein: 13g