These Oven Roasted Chickpeas are a super easy and healthy snack! They’re flavored with ranch seasoning and bake up nice and crispy!
Have you made any New Year’s resolutions? Maybe you’re going to try to save more, or get to the gym a bit more often? You might think this is a perfect time to start a new hobby or eat a little healthier? Though I didn’t really make any resolutions, except to try to be a little thriftier at the grocery, there is just something about a brand new year that makes you want to make some sort of little resolution.
I think it is the thought of a nice clean slate. It is nice! On New Year’s Day, I decided the very best way to start the year is with a clean house! I scrubbed the floors, counter tops, washed all the sheets, emptied the fridge and it felt so good! The only thing I didn’t do was was the dogs, and their beds. Some battles just aren’t worth fighting! ha!
These Ranch Roasted Chickpeas and a super easy, three-ingredient snack that are surprisingly addictive! They are a little salty, and very crunchy. A great alternative to potato chips if you are counting calories and a perfect addition to salads if you’re looking to add a little crunch.
Ingredients in Oven Roast Chickpeas
As I said above, this roasted chickpeas snack is made with three simple ingredients.
- Canned chickpeas
- Ranch seasoning
- Olive oil
How to Roast Chickpeas
Carefully pat the chickpeas dry. Once your chickpeas are nice and dry, toss them in olive oil and a pack of ranch seasoning. Then, spread them onto a foil-lined baking sheet and roast until they are nice and crisp!
How Long to Roast Chickpeas?
If you’re careful to thoroughly dry the chickpeas, they’ll need about 45 minutes in a 400F oven.
How to Store Roasted Chickpeas
You can store these crispy roasted chickpeas in an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll last up to 2 weeks!
Tips for Making Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
- The key to nice crunchy chickpeas is to make sure they are very dry. I used two cans of chickpeas and drained and rinsed them then set them out on a towel to dry. You can speed up the process a bit if you want to lightly press them in between a kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Note that you should use the powdered ranch seasoning and NOT the prepared ranch dressing.
- I love making ranch roasted chickpeas, but you can use any spices you’d like to flavor them.
More Healthy Snack Recipes:
- Italian Herb Kale Chips
- Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Bites
- Keto Broccoli Cheddar Bites
- Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Ham, Egg, & Cheese Muffins
Oven Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- After you make sure your chickpeas are VERY dry, place them in a large plastic bag or bowl with olive oil and seasoning toss to coat.
- Spread chickpeas out on a large foil-lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray, or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.