Ranch Roasted Chick Peas are a super easy and healthy snack! A great alternative to chips!
Have you made any New Years resolutions? Maybe your going to try to save more, or get to the gym a bit more often? You might think this is a perfect time to start a new hobby or eat a little healthier? Though I didn’t really make any resolutions, except to try to be a little thriftier at the grocery, there is just something about a brand new year that makes you want to make some sort of little resolution. I think it is the thought of a nice clean slate. It is nice! On New Years day I decided the very best way to start the year is with a clean house! I scrubbed the floors, counter tops, washed all the sheets, emptied the fridge and it felt so good! The only thing I didn’t do was was the dogs, and their beds. Some battles just aren’t worth fighting! ha!
These Ranch Roasted Chick Peas and a super easy, three ingredient snack that are surprisingly addictive! They are a little salty, and very crunchy, a great alternative to potato chips if you are counting calories and a perfect addition to salads if your looking to add a little crunch. The key to nice crunchy chick peas is to make sure they are very dry. I used two cans of peas and drained and rinsed them then set them out on a towel to dry. You can speed up the process a bit if you want to lightly press them in between a kitchen towel or paper towels. Once your chick peas are nice and dry toss them in olive oil and a pack of ranch seasoning and roast until they are nice and crisp!
5 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chick peas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400
- After you make sure your chick peas are VERY dry place them in a large plastic bag or bowl with olive oil and seasoning toss to coat.
- Spread peas out on a large foil lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray, or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
- ***Your cooking time may increase if they are not completely dry to start with. Every oven is different so I highly suggest monitoring these closely the first time you cook them***
Check out these other Healthy Snacks!