Try these Keto Ham Egg and Cheese Muffins for the ultimate low carb grab and go breakfast! At only one net carb each these muffins are perfect for keto meal prep!
I come from a family full of teachers and the build up for back to school is always a busy time in our family. There is all of the normal back to school shopping and prep work. But it is also a time where meals tend to change from that slow easy summer pace to the rapid fire quick breakfast and dinner options. These Ham Egg and Cheese Muffins are perfect for busy mornings or an easy protein packed lunch. The great part is that this is not only easy but it is extremely budget friendly. This recipe consists of four real ingredients (the extras being salt, pepper and baking powder) This is the kind of meal you can double or triple and still not break the bank.
What are Ham Egg and Cheese Muffins?
These muffins are similar to a crustless quiche in many ways. They have a light, fluffy egg batter but they are absolutely packed with ham and cheese to make them extra filling. There is no crust and no flour so they are ultra low in carbs, which makes them a great keto breakfast option. The exact nutritional value that I calculated is 1.1 net carbs per muffin so you can enjoy more than one!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss, or pepper jack work well)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the eggs, cream, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Beat the mixture until completely combined.
- Stir in the chopped ham and shredded cheese until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or ice cream scoop into a greased muffin tin. I highly recommend a silicone muffin pan because it will prevent the mixture from sticking and the muffins will release very easily.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until the muffins have set and a toothpick comes out cleanly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 588Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 2534mgCarbohydrates: 9gSugar: 3gProtein: 48g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!