This easy Spinach Stuffed Chicken is loaded with cheese, spinach and sun dried tomatoes! This one pan recipe is naturally low carb and comes together in under 30 minutes!
Easy Stuffed Chicken
Do you ever have an evening where you’ve got no time? And you’ve been running around like a maniac all day, and all of the sudden it’s dinner time and you’ve got no idea what you’re going to serve? Yup, this happened to me this week. Now, if I had been planning ahead, I probably would’ve made some Crockpot Chicken Sandwiches or some quick Salmon, but my life was just not that together! So, I scoured the kitchen and came up with this Easy Stuffed Chicken.
This stuffed chicken was so easy, only requires one pan so there’s minimal clean up, and my entire family scarfed it down! And the best part? This meal only took thirty minutes! I stuffed this chicken with a delicious blend of cheese, spinach and sun dried tomatoes and spread Italian seasoning on top. This meal was a complete hit in our house!
Ingredients in Spinach Stuffed Chicken
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Easy Stuffed Chicken recipe. For the complete recipe, simply scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Chicken breast: look for small to medium size breast that are about 3-4 ounces each. Large chicken breast are not recommended for this recipe.
- Cheesy Mixture: Mozzarella Cream cheese, and Mayonnaise
- Vegetables: frozen or cooked spinach, and sun dried tomatoes
- Spices: Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper
How to make Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- First, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, and mayonnaise. Squeeze all of the water out of the cooked spinach and chop, along with the sun dried tomatoes and set aside.
- Next, slice your chicken so that it is butterflied- be sure not to slice it completely through. You want the chicken to remain intact. Spread the cheese mixture on the chicken and add your chopped spinach and tomatoes on top.
- Fold the chicken over and secure it with a toothpick. Rub the outside of the chicken with the spices and sear in a pan with butter until golden brown. Place the chicken in the oven and bake 20 minutes or the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Is Stuffed Chicken keto?
Yes! This recipe is naturally keto, low carb and gluten free. If you’re looking for some keto sides to add to this meal, I recommend these Keto Three Cheese Biscuits or Cheddar Roasted Broccoli.
Tips for the best Stuffed Chicken
- Be sure that you don’t slice your chicken breast all the way through, you want your chicken to be butterflied, not two separate pieces
- Let your chicken rest for a few minutes before cutting into it- you want all the flavor to stay in the breast!
- Use a medium sized chicken breast- larger breasts will take much longer to cook
- Use an oven safe pan- such as a cast iron or a stainless steel skillet– for this recipe
What should I serve with Sun Dried Tomato Chicken?
You can never go wrong with a salad! One of my favorites is this Chopped Italian Salad– this Keto Antipasto Salad is also delicious. Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts or Air Fryer Mushrooms are also a huge hit in our house. We love cauliflower, so I make this Garlic Butter Cauliflower regularly. For dessert, try this Keto Brownie Pie, Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Bars or these Keto Cake Mix Cookies!
More easy stuffed chicken recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken (keto + low carb)
- Keto Green Chili Stuffed Chicken
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
- Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken (keto + low carb)
Spinach Stuffed Chicken
This easy Spinach Stuffed Chicken recipe is stuffed with cheese, tender spinach and delicious sun dried tomatoes! This one pan recipe is naturally low carb and comes together in 30 minutes!
- 4 chicken breast, small to medium size
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup cooked spinach, liquid squeezed out
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, set aside.
- Butterfly the chicken so it opens like a book. Spread the cheese mixture on the bottom part of the chicken, top with the cooked, dry spinach and sun dried tomatoes, fold the top of the chicken over the filling and secure with a toothpick. (see pictures for example)
- Combine the spices together to make a rub. Rub the outside of the chicken with the Italian seasoning mixture.
- Heat an oven safe skillet to medium heat and melt the butter in the skillet. Sear the chicken in the pan 2-3 minutes on each side and place in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degree F, or until cooked through.
- Allow the chicken to rest at least 5 minutes before cutting.
If using sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, pat them dry before adding to the chicken to prevent a greasy dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 stuffed chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 16.5gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 418mgCarbohydrates: 3.9gNet Carbohydrates: 2.9gFiber: 1gSugar: 1.2gProtein: 34g
Leave a Reply