These light Strawberry and Honey Goat Cheese Bites are a simple yet elegant appetizer for Spring brunch!
Spring is officially here! Spring has finally graced us with it’s presence. I am so glad that the sun is out, the rain is gone and pastels are back in style!
Who isn’t a sucker for the change of seasons?! I think there is something so refreshing saying goodbye to one season and welcoming another. Especially when the incoming season brings so many delicious foods with it!
So far, we have embraced Spring in all it’s glory! We have grilled most of our meals, finally gotten our hands on some decent produce and eaten berries by the pound! Our hands are permanently stained pink and blue at this point.
One of the seasonal dishes I have made recently are these easy and delicious Strawberry and Honey Goat Cheese Bites! One of the most popular recipes on this blog is my Brie and Blackberry Bites and I think the reason is because it is so insanely simple!
You can whip up an elegant appetizer with just four ingredients in no time at all. These little bites are very similar. These Strawberry and Honey Goat Cheese Bites are easy to make and they make a stunning presentation!
This is such a great appetizer for a bridal lunch or baby showers. You can also alter it depending on your personal preferences. These bites plate so well and are always a hit!
What should I serve with Goat Cheese Bites?
These bites are such a yummy appetizer, and a great addition to any party or picnic. I served my Honey Goat Cheese Bites with honey roasted almonds and a nice sparkling wine. I also presented them with more fresh berries, so those are all good options.
If you are serving for a crowd, you can never have too many sweets. I love this Strawberry Limeade Keto Fruit Pizza, No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Lush, or these Keto Key Lime Bars. I especially love to bring at least two of these options to spring functions, because everyone is so excited for the fresh flavors of the season.
Ingredients for Strawberry and Honey Goat Cheese Bites
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need to make your Strawberry and Honey Goat Cheese Bites. For the complete recipe, just keep scrolling.
- Honey goat cheese- you can usually find this at any grocery store.
- Strawberries- thinly sliced
- Blueberries-if they’re really big, cut them in half.
- Honey Roasted Almonds- these give a great crunch.
- Basil- preferably fresh.
- Pie crust- I used gluten free, but any you have on hand will work.
How do you make Honey Goat Cheese Bites?
These delicious little appetizers come together in a snap. Here is how we make it!
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cut out your pie dough into twelve small pieces. If you are making these bites in the shape of a cup, spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray and place your pie crust rounds into the tins and pat them around the tin so they make a cup shape.
Alternatively, if you are making these Goat Cheese Bites into the shape of a flatbread, simply place your rounds onto a baking sheet and pat them out a little. Either shape makes a great goat cheese bite, so it’s totally up to you.
Next, in a small bowl, combine the goat cheese and honey. Drop (if using the cup method) or spread (if using the flatbread method) the goat cheese combination onto your dough. After you’ve added your filling, add the berries and bake for 8 minutes.
Finally, let your Goat Cheese Bites cool before adding the chopped almonds and basil. Top with honey and enjoy!
Tips and Substitutions for Strawberry and Honey Goat Cheese Bites
- Change up the berries! Do you prefer blackberries to blueberries? Go ahead and switch those out!
- Add different fruit. I personally think that kiwi would be great on these bites, or a mango honey combination.
- Alter your cheese to a traditional goat cheese if you don’t want too much honey flavor
- You can make these bites two different ways- you can either place your pie crust in the mini muffin tin and pat it out so the sides go up the tin- that way you have a yummy little cup. You can also bake the pie crust rounds flat on a baking sheet and make a sort of tiny flatbread. Either way, these are delicious!
Other Spring Recipes You May Enjoy
- For the Toppings:
- 4 ounces honey goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped Honey Roasted Almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- For the Crust:
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust or your favorite homemade recipe.
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and press a small amount of dough along the bottom and up the sides of the tin.
- Alternatively, you can pat out small circles of dough on a baking sheet to make mini flatbread bites.
For the Topping:
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese and honey.
- Drop or spread the honey goat cheese on the dough.
- Add the berries and bake for 8 minutes.
- Let them cool slightly and add the chopped almonds, basil and top with additional honey.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 8.2gCholesterol: 4.4mgSodium: 124.7mgCarbohydrates: 12.4gNet Carbohydrates: 11.1gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 4.3gProtein: 3.3g