Mini Quiche cups are packed with tender ham, fresh asparagus and sharp cheddar cheese for a easy Spring brunch!
There are few things more highly anticipated in this house than quiche. Some of those things are the Downton Abbey finale (did you cry?! I did!), clean sheet day, or a trip to the farm. Other than that, quiche is pretty much our favorite. My all time favorite is this Sausage and Spinach Quiche. It is so good. But sometimes, you just need something a little easier, a little more seasonal and a little tinier. These Ham and Asparagus Quiche Cups are just the trick!
Since Easter is approaching I wanted to give you a nice easy brunch option that is packed with flavor and can be prepared ahead of time. Instead of making a big traditional quiche I made these in muffin tins. I love the presentation of a big platter of personal sized quiches and it cuts your baking time nearly in half.
These Ham and Asparagus Quiche Cups require no precooking or much prep work at all. I use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour to make a quick and easy pie crust. It is perfectly formulated for baked goods with terrific taste and texture – no additional specialty ingredients or custom recipes required. This flour combines finely ground brown rice flour, sweet white rice flour, whole grain sorghum flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour with a touch of xanthan gum—just enough xanthan gum to create chewy cookies and springy muffins and perfectly tender pie crusts!
Once you make your pie crust just press it into the muffin tin and up the sides so it creates a nice little basket for all the quiche filling. Then we throw in tender ham, freshly chopped asparagus and sharp cheddar cheese! The egg mixture is my go to mixture of eggs and ricotta cheese. It creates a smooth filling that is packed with flavor!
You can actually go ahead and bake these ahead of time and then reheat them on a baking sheet at 300 degrees for 15-20 minutes. They reheat beautifully which makes these perfect for a Spring brunch, baby shower or any other entertaining event you have!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-6 tablespoons ice water
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup ham
- 1/2 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a 12 count muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment combine the flour and butter until the butter breaks down into small pieces.
- When the butter is completely combined add one tablespoon ice cold water at a time while the mixer runs until a smooth dough forms.
- Lightly press the dough into the muffin tin and up the sides.
- In a second mixing bowl combine the eggs and ricotta and whisk until smooth, set aside.
- Add the chopped ham, asparagus and cheese to the muffin tins and pour egg mixture over until it is 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- To reheat preheat oven to 300 and bake for 15 minutes.
Check out Bob’s Red Mill for a money saving coupon!
Other Easy Brunch Recipes
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.