These Butter Pecan Keto Blondies are loaded with rich butter, vanilla and pecans! This is the perfect low-carb dessert at about 2.5 net carbs per slice!
If you are new to keto, you might feel like there is no easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth, but that is not true! Low carb baking can be a little intimidating and there is a learning curve because the flours are very different from regular flour.
Keto baking generally consists of almond flour or coconut flour, which have their own unqiue characteristics. Then of course there is the matter of a sugar substitute. There are many alternatives to sugar including stevia, erythritol, monk fruit sweetener and Xylitol to name a few. I stick to erythritol (Swerve is the brand I buy), I find it has no weird after taste and is easy to find.
All of the keto baking recipes I post here or on my second dedicated keto site will use the basic coconut flour, almond flour or Swerve as sweetener. I think it is easier to be able to make quite a few items with a basic list of ingredients instead of branching out and buying a lot of expensive alternatives.
These gluten-free, keto blondies can be added to your list of “easy baked goods” that you and your whole family will enjoy. I promise, this recipe doesn’t taste sugar-free or low-carb whatsoever!
Ingredients in Keto Blondies
In addition to being keto, these almond flour blondies are also naturally gluten-free. Win! Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar swerve
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Chopped pecans
How to Make Keto Blondies
For this recipe, the butter and sweetener are creamed together before adding the rest of the ingredients. This helps to add some air into the batter ensuring the bars are buttery and decadent, not tough.
Once the butter and sweetener are added together, you add eggs, vanilla, almond flour, baking powder and salt. Once the batter is smooth, fold in chopped pecans. The mixture will be thick and a little sticky.
Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil and lightly spray with cooking oil. By lining the pan, you are making it much easier to remove the bars from the pan so you can get nice clean cuts.
Press the the dough into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
Can I Omit the Pecans?
Of course! You can use another nut instead, or you can add your favorite sugar-free baking chips (I love Lilly’s sugar-free chocolate chips).
How to Store Keto Blondies
These blondies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days. They can also be frozen for up to three months.
Tips for Making Almond Flour Blondies
- Be sure to beat the butter and swerve until light and fluffy. This will take a few minutes, but it’s important because it will ensure the blondies don’t wind up being super dense.
- I’ve found almond flour to be the best flour alternative for this recipe. Coconut flour or another grain-free flour won’t deliver the same results.
- I highly recommend sprinkling these gluten free blondies with a little sea salt as soon as they come out of the oven. Salty-sweet is my favorite flavor combo!
More Keto Desserts:
- The Best Keto Lemon Bars
- No Bake Keto Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
- Keto Key Lime Bars
- Low-Carb Blueberry Bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar swerve
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, lightly spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar sweetener until fully combined and the butter is light and fluffy.
- Mix in the remianing ingredients (except the pecans!) until just combined be careful nt to over mix.
- Fold in chopped pecans.
- Evenly press the dough into the pan and bake 25-30 minutes until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing and sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
For a chocolate chip version, replace the pecans with Lilly's sugar-free chocolate chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 13.6gCarbohydrates: 3.4gNet Carbohydrates: 2.4gFiber: 1g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!