This easy Keto Avocado Bacon Dip is an easy game day snack! Creamy Avocado, light sour cream, spices and crisp bacon make for the perfect appetizer!
This recipe is so easy I am not even sure it constitutes being an actual “recipe.” It all starts with bacon (as all good things should) just fry up some nice thick bacon until it is perfectly crisp. Give your bacon a nice rough chop and set it aside.
Break out your blender. Toss in some avocados, it is okay if they have browned a little bit – nobody will know- and add a container of sour cream, a few spices, and some lime juice for good measure. Blend the mixture for just a few seconds, you just want to get it nice and creamy with no chunks or at least no big chunks.
Add in the chopped bacon, give it a stir and scrape your Avocado Bacon Dip into a big bowl and top it with all your favorite Mexican toppings. I garnished with cilantro, tomatoes, extra bacon (of course) and a few lime wedges. This is perfect with tortilla chips, smeared on tacos or enchiladas and it is especially good spooned over a nice big Summer salad. If you are on a low carb or keto diet I love to smear this on slices smokey turkey and provolone and roll them into “sandwiches.”
- 6 slices of bacon cooked until crisp and roughly chopped
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 (16 ounce) container light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Juice from 1/2 a lime (add additional lime juice if desired)
- Combine the avocados, sour cream, spices and lime juice in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir in most of the bacon, reserving a small amount to garnish with.
- Garnish dip with remaining bacon and cilantro, tomatoes and green onions if desired.
You Might Also Like: