Do you watch Downton Abbey?
I am pretty obsessed. I cannot wait for season 5 to start this weekend. About two months ago I binge watched season 4. But THEN last week I watched the trailer for season 5 and OMG I decided I had to rewatch season 4 again to full prepare myself.
Here are some of the things I can’t wait to see:
Who does Lady Mary pick? She is being courted by about half a dozen men, surely she can find one she likes! I so very badly want Mary to find someone, I really hated that they killed Matthew off because I thought they were so fantastic together. And after several seasons of back and forth I was ready for them to be happy!
Lady Edith and this baby. Okay, is Mr. Gregson coming back or not? In season 4 I kept expecting him to reappear or at the very least to get some answers as to what the heck happened to him when he went to Germany. I hope they actually give us an answer instead of just leaving a big question mark out there.
Will the estate actually survive? I liked how they were looking for other ways to run the estate in season 4. Branson and Mary were a great team and I thought that was a fantastic story line. I hope it works!
So, I will leave you to ponder the fate of the Abbey while also admiring these darling Brie and Blackberry Tarts!
This is basically too easy to even consider it a recipe. Four super simple ingredients make a really impressive appetizer! All you do is press pie crust (I used pre made gluten free pie crust) into mini muffin tins and place a small chunk of brie inside and bake for 10 minutes. After you let the little cheese pies cool you place a small spoonful of blackberry jam and a fresh blackberry ontop. It is the absolute easiest appetizer you can create.
These are a really wonderful snack for any occasion, but they are especially nice for New Years if your looking for something low maintenance! They are especially delightful with a batch of Fruit Spice Tea!
Other Brie Appetizers!
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust (I used Pillsbury Gluten Free and used about ⅓ of the package)
- 1 (8 ounce) package of brie, rind removed
- blackberry jam
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Press a small amount of the crust into the bottom of each muffin tin. Be sure to press the crust all the way the sides.
- Place a small chunk of brie in each tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the cheese pies cool for a few minutes, then remove from the pan and let cool completely. Add a small spoonful of blackberry jam and top with a fresh blackberry.
Other Easy Recipes