These Sweet Potato Bacon Pancakes are the perfect mix of sweet and savory! Cover with warm maple syrup for an easy holiday breakfast!
Does Day Light Savings Time completely throw you off? All Summer long we enjoyed being outside late into the evening until the sun went down. Now the sun is setting by the time Mr. Maebell gets home from work. By the time dinner is made and cleaned up it feels as if it is the middle of the night, and it is only 6pm! It is totally messing with my internal clock!
These pancakes are kind of life changing. We really love breakfast, it is probably our favorite type of meal to make. We always do big breakfast on the weekends and usually have “brinner” once a week. Quiche, casseroles, omelets, waffles, pancakes, you name it! These easy Sweet Potato and Bacon Pancakes are perfect for when you can’t decide if you want a sweet or savory breakfast because it is the best mix of both!
For this recipe we use a cup of cooked and mashed sweet potato so this is a really easy way to use up extra sweet potato you might have on hand. We have baked sweet potato often as a side dish so if I know I am going to make these I just bake an extra sweet potato so we can make a big batch of these easy pancakes! They are perfect for a holiday brunch!
- • 1 cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- • 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- • 1 egg, beaten
- • 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- • 6 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- • 3-4 tablespoons of oil for cooking
- 1 Combine flour, mashed sweet potato, eggs, buttermilk and maple syrup in a blender.
- 2 Blend until smooth, approximately 20 seconds.
- 3 Add ¾ of the bacon to the pancake batter, reserving additional for garnish.
- 4 Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- 5 Add one tablespoon of oil to skillet, use a ¼ cup measuring cup and scoop the pancake batter into the skillet.
- 6 Cook pancakes approximately 2 minutes or until small bubbles start to form, flip and cook 1-2 more minutes. Remove from skillet.
- 7 Serve pancakes immediately with warm maple syrup and the additional bacon.
Easy Brunch Recipes