These zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos are slow simmered in a mixture of spices and salsa verde! An easy, healthy dinner your entire family will love!
I only have a handful of slow cooker recipes that aren’t soup on this website, which is crazy because I use my slow cooker all of the time! Really, probably once a week at least. I think my hesitation is that things cooked in a slow cooker are generally not pretty.
If it isn’t pretty, it isn’t going to photograph well, and if it doesn’t photograph … well, you will never want to make the recipe no matter how good I say it is because it doesn’t look good. But these Crockpot shredded chicken tacos are the exception. Not only do they look scrumptious, they are also a cinch to make and super healthy!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
These delicious slow cooker pulled chicken tacos only require four real ingredients, plus two spices. The ingredients you will need are:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing seasoning
- Salsa verde
- Lime juice
- Garlic powder
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
We served this chicken in crunchy taco shells and garnished with a little cheese, lettuce, tomato and a bit of extra lime juice. But this also makes a great filling for enchiladas, quesadillas or anything else!
- To make the chicken tacos lightly spray a small slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken, top with the ranch seasoning, salsa verde, lime juice, cumin and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours
After the chicken has simmered in salsa and lime juice all day, just drain all of the liquid and shred the chicken; it will practically fall apart it is so tender.
What to Serve with Pulled Chicken Tacos
Tacos are kind of a meal in itself, aren’t they? You can serve these tacos with chips, salsa and queso, but I have some other great ideas if you’d like to shake things up.
Can I Substitute the Ranch Dressing?
If you live in a country where dry ranch dressing packets aren’t available, I’m not sure if there’s anything you can substitute for it. You can also try using Homemade Taco Seasoning instead, noting that these Crockpot shredded chicken tacos won’t be zesty (but they’ll still be flavorful!).
Tips for the BEST Chicken Tacos
- One thing about these slow cooker pulled chicken tacos is that they are excellent with other proteins as well. If you have a roast or pork loin on hand, you can sub that for the chicken breast and have beef or pork tacos as well.
- I’ve only made these slow cooker chicken tacos with chicken breasts, but I imagine boneless skinless thighs would also work.
- This recipe is great for meal prepping! It can stay in the fridge all week or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
More Easy Slow Cooker Dinners:
- Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili Verde
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- Slow Cooker Keto White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Spray the inside of a 2-quart small slow cooker with cooking spray, set to low.
- Place chicken breast in slow cooker add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Drain off all liquid, shred chicken and place in taco shells or on tortilla chips.
- Garnish with your favorite fixings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 53g
To avoid any confusion I remove erythritol from the final carb count and net carb count, as it is not known to affect blood glucose levels. To calculate Keto recipes listed on this site carbs - fiber = net carbs. I use Nutrifox as my nutrition calculator. This nutrition information is an estimate based on the information provided by Nutrifox and the specific ingredients I used.