These Easy Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Skewers are keto, low carb and gluten free! These summer kabobs are perfect on their own or on top of a big greek salad!
Some of the very best meals are the ones focused on simple flavors. These easy Grilled Chicken and Zucchini skewers are marinated in a simple balsamic vinegar and topped with fresh basil and feta. Not only are these ingredients you may already have on hand, but they are filled with summer essentials that may just be in your garden. During the summer I am always looking for new ways to use zucchini and basil because they are some of my most plentiful plants. In this dish these summer staples become the star of the show!
These skewers are also perfect for a keto diet. If you are new to keto or haven’t looked into it much you may have a bit of a misconception about the diet. The idea of a low carb, high fat diet seems crazy. If you believe what you see on Instagram you can eat bacon for every meal and loose weight. Most people approach keto by removing processed, high carb foods from their diet and replace them with real foods like meat, cheese, low carb fruits and vegetables. These Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Skewers work perfectly because they are naturally low in carbs with no substitutions and the feta adds a nice touch of fat. I love to pair these with a greek salad, or marinated olives and feta. These skewers come in at just over 4 net carbs per TWO skewers!
15 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 2 medium sized zucchini, cut into small chunks
- In a measuring cup or bowl mix the first nine ingredients (balsamic vinegar-salt). Make sure your marinade is well combined.
- Place your cut up chicken breast into a plastic bag and pour in half of the marinade.
- Place the zucchini pieces into a plastic bag and pour in the second half of the marinade.
- Let your meat and veggies marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat your grill to 400 degrees.
- (If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 20 minutes before assembling your kabobs.)
- Assemble your skewers, alternating chicken and zucchini.
- Grill for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil and crumbled feta cheese.
Other Keto Recipes