This recipe features marinated green beans wrapped in bacon, then grilled to perfection and topped with tangy bleu cheese! This is an incredible summer side dish you will love!
Today I am sharing one of my all time favorite recipes with you. This dish combines some of the most irresistible ingredients ever — green beans, bacon and bleu cheese! As if that isn’t enough, it is also grilled!
These bacon-wrapped green beans are easily cutomizeable and can be made with your favorite steak marinade and preferred sweetener. Because of that, this recipe is perfect for anyone following a gluten-free and / or keto diet!
Ingredients for Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon
To make the bacon-wrapped green bean bundles, all you’ll need is:
- Fresh green beans
- Thin-cut bacon
- Steak marinde
- Brown sugar (or swerve, if keto)
- Bleu cheese crumbles
How to Make Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon
These bacon-wrapped green bean bundles are so easy to make, but they do require a little prep work. Here’s how they’re made:
- Start by trimming the ends from the green beans and stack them into nice, neat bundles. The size of your bundles will really depend on how big your green beans are, but I had about 5 in my bundle.
- Then, combine the steak marinade with a little bit of brown sugar. You can use any brand you wish, I really like a brand called Allegro but you can you use whatever you have on hand. By combining the marinade with the brown sugar you create this really rich smokey sweet flavor that is unstoppable when paired with the bacon and tangy bleu cheese.
- Use a thin piece of bacon and wrap it around your green bean bundle nice and tight and secure with a toothpick.
- Brush the marinade mixture over each bundle, making sure to cover the bacon and the green beans.
- Now it is time to grill! When the bacon is crisp remove, the green bean bacon bundles from the grill and sprinkle with bleu cheese crumbles.
This is one side dish you will want to make over and over again! Try it and you will see why it is one of our all time favorites!
How Many Net Carbs Are in Green Bean Bacon Bundles?
This recipe serves 4 and has only 4 net carbs per serving! Note that I used five or six green beans per bundle.
Can I Use Another Type of Bacon?
I bet you can! I used regular pork bacon, but I imagine turkey bacon or another alternative would work too.
Tips for Making Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans
- You must use fresh green beans for this recipe. Frozen won’t work, as they’d turn out too mushy.
- If you’re gluten-free, I recommend using a steak marinade from Allegro or Dales.
- If you’re keto, use brown sugar swerve instead of regular brown sugar.
More Veggie Side Dishes:
- Green Beans Almondine
- Crispy Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Bacon-Wrapped Cabbage
- Zucchini Fries
- Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, washed and ends trimmed
- 4 slices of thin cut bacon, cut into thirds
- 3 tablespoons steak marinade (Allegro and Dales are gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or swerve if keto)
- 2-3 tablespoon crumbled bleu cheese
- Heat a grill to 400 degrees F.
- Separate green beans into small bundles of 5-6 beans. Wrap each bundle with 1/3 slice of bacon and secure with toothpicks
- Combine marinade and brown sugar and microwave 15-20 seconds until sugar is dissolved.
- Brush half the marinade on the bundles.
- Grill or bake bundles for 3 minutes, turn and grill for 3 minutes more. Remove from grill when bacon is crisp and green beans are tender and lightly charred.
- Brush with remaining marinade and top with bleu cheese crumbles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 1374mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 8g
To avoid any confusion I remove erythritol from the final carb count and net carb count, as it is not known to affect blood glucose levels. To calculate Keto recipes listed on this site carbs - fiber = net carbs. I use Nutrifox as my nutrition calculator. This nutrition information is an estimate based on the information provided by Nutrifox and the specific ingredients I used.