Keto Sausage and Cabbage Foil Packs are loaded with spicy sausage, bell pepper, onion, and cabbage in a cajun butter sauce! A perfect low carb meal for camping or grilling out!
Do you make foil pack meals very often? Every summer we get in the swing of them and just can’t stop. They are so easy! It is effortless to just make dinners in little packets with basically zero clean up. These Keto Sausage and Foil Packs are no different. They are something your low carb friends and not low carb friends will both love. Since the entire recipe just has 6 basic ingredients that can almost entirely be prepped ahead of time this makes a great camping meal.
These Keto Sausage and Cabbage Foil Packs are loaded with spicy sausage, bell pepper, onion, and cabbage. The addition of butter and Old Bay Seasoning takes this to the next level, as the pack cooks the ingredients come together to make a savory cajun butter sauce! If you don’t like or can’t find Old Bay you can substitute your favorite cajun seasoning or just use salt and pepper to taste. Either way this is a perfect low carb meal for camping or grilling out!
- Ingredients for 4 foil packs:
- 1 (13 ounce) package smoked sausage, cut into thick slices
- 1/4 head of cabbage chopped (roughly 3-4 cups)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning OR salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2 tablespoon butter slices.
- Amount Per Foil Pack
- 3/4 cup smoked sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon old bay
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat, about 350 degrees.
- Cut 4 (12x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Fill each foil pack with cabbage, bell pepper, onion, sausage, butter and seasoning.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion.
- Complete remaining foil packs.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 12 minutes. Rotate packs 1/2 turn; cook 12 minutes longer or until sausage is heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove packs from grill. Carefully fold back foil; stir before serving. Top with parmesan if desired.
Other Keto Recipes