These baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders make a quick, easy, satisfying dinner. They can also be served as an appetizer on game days!
We are pretty good about having a variety of dinners, I would guess that we don’t repeat the same recipe more than twice a month, even that is pretty rare. However, while we may not repeat the exact same recipe, there is one flavor combo we have basically every single week, without fail.
Buffalo chicken. It is our absolute favorite.
It all started with a buffalo chicken dip I made a couple years ago, then the obsession spiraled out of control. We pretty much added buffalo sauce to anything — nachos, tacos, shrimp, pizza, baked potatoes, roasted potatoes, and of course chicken…in absolutely any shape or form.
This used to be my go-to chicken tender recipe, but of course now it gets dunked in a healthy dose of buffalo sauce first. If you aren’t a fan of the tangy delicious buffalo sauce, just leave off the last step.
Ingredients in Buffalo Chicken Tenders
These buffalo tenders are made with fewer than 10 ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Frank’s Original Buffalo Sauce
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips, then set aside
- Mix together the Bisquick and spices in a large zip lock bag
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg and milk.
- Dip the chicken tenders into the egg mixture, then drop into bag and shake lightly until coated.
- Once each tender is coated, lay on cooking sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning half way through.
- Remove chicken, dunk into buffalo sauce and return to the oven for 3-5 minutes.
Tips for Making Buffalo Chicken Strips
- Mr. Maebell loves these spicy chicken tenders as is, but I really like to use them in a salad. Throw some sliced chicken tenders in that tangy buffalo sauce on some crisp greens, sliced avocado, crispy bacon, and some bleu cheese dressing and you have a meal fit for a queen!
- I made these baked buffalo chicken tenders using gluten-free Bisquick. You can use regular Bisquick, if desired.
- For extra crispy chicken tenders, coat each piece of chicken in the egg and flour mixture twice. You don’t have to, but it’s totally worth it!
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes:
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Spicy Buffalo Roasted Whole Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick (I used gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Frank's Original Buffalo Sauce (or enough to dunk your chicken tenders in)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with aluminum foil.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips, set aside.
- Mix flour, and spices together until well combined in a large zip lock bag.
- In a separate bowl or dish, combine egg and milk.
- Dip chicken tenders into egg mixture, then drop into bag with flour and shake lightly until it is well coated.
- I repeat step #6so each chicken tender is extra coated in the breading, however you definitely don't have to. I just like the tenders extra crispy.
- Once each tender is coated well, lay on cooking sheet and brush with the melted butter.
- Bake 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove chicken, dunk into buffalo sauce and put back in the oven for 3-5 minutes.