This Easy Cheesy Chili Mac is the perfect one pan, 30-minute meal! An easy family friendly dinner perfect for busy weeknights!
Chili Mac Recipe
One of the most popular recipes on this site is this Easy Taco Mac. It is a one pan dinner that is loaded with flavor and ready in under 30 minutes. Because of the simple ingredients and easy clean up, making taco mac in one skillet is the perfect solution to busy weeknights!
I’ve got another easy cheesy pasta dinner for you today. This super Easy Cheesy Chili Mac fits the bill perfectly. Similarly, it uses pantry staples you probably already have, packs a ton of flavor, and is ready in 30 minutes flat. Hallelujah!
Seems like weeknight meals are getting easier already, right? Right!
Ingredients in Homemade Chili Mac
- Ground beef
- Canned tomatoes with green chilis
- Canned or jarred tomato sauce
- Beef broth
- Elbow noodles
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Spices: chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and salt
Can I Use Ground Turkey Instead?
Of course! Ground turkey or pork can be used in place of the ground beef, if desired.
What Type of Pasta Should I Use?
I uses Barilla gluten-free elbows, but any short and sturdy pasta will work. Avoid using thin pastas like spaghetti as they can’t hold up to the chunky chili.
How to Make Chili Mac in 30 Minutes
- Firstly, brown the ground beef or turkey in a large, deep skillet. Drain off any grease.
- Next, stir in an undrained can of tomatoes with green chilies, tomato sauce, spices, beef broth and milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer, and stir in the pasta.
- Cover and continue to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Finally, top with cheese and serve!
Can Chili Mac be made in advance?
Yes! Homemade chili mac will last up to 5 days in the fridge and reheats well. This is a great meal to make for weekly lunches. Just portion out the Chili Mac into your meal prep containers and you are good to go!
To reheat Chili Mac just heat in 30 second increments in the microwave until warmed through. Pair with a simple garden salad for a hearty lunch even your pickiest eater will love!
What to Serve with Chili Mac
Enjoy this chili mac casserole as is, or serve with one of the following:
- Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Cheesy Cornbread
- Crispy Baked Squash
Tips for Making Chili Mac
- Don’t drain the canned tomatoes with green chiles. There’s tons of flavor packed in there!
- You can use any milk you’d like in this dish. Whole milk will result in a creamier dish, but anything will work.
- Use low-sodium beef broth so you can control the amount of salt in this dish.
More Easy Pasta Dinners:
- One-Pan Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
- One-Pan Taco Mac
- One-Pan Shrimp Pasta with Feta & Arugula
- Keto Tuna Zoodle Casserole
- Keto Taco Zoodle Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cup elbow noodles (I use Barilla gluten free elbows)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat, drain off any grease.
- Add the undrained can of tomatoes with green chilies, broth, milk, tomato sauce and spices.
- Increase heat to medium high until the mixture begins to simmer.
- Stir in noodles and reduce heat to low, cover and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
- When noodles are tender stir in shredded cheddar cheese.
**I used Barilla gluten free elbows and my cooking time is exactly 18 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 1049mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 32g