This Ham, Broccoli and Cheese Scramble is a hearty breakfast that will keep you full all day! These fluffy scrambled eggs are the perfect low carb, keto-friendly breakfast!
Out of the many breakfast recipes on this website there are a few that stand head and shoulders above the rest. The true fan favorites are these Denver Omelette Muffins, Breakfast Quesadilla and Ham and Cheese Bites. Can you guess what all of these recipes have in common? Ham, egg and cheese! This seems to be the magic trio that just about everyone loves! Today I am sharing a recipe that we have had on repeat for weeks, I know you will love it like we do!
Ingredients for Ham and Egg Scramble
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. For the complete, printable recipe just keep scrolling. To make this easy breakfast recipe you will need:
- Eggs: size large eggs are used in this recipe. One thing to note is that the ratio for this recipe is about 1:1 for eggs to meat, veggies and cheese. If you want this recipe to be more “egg heavy” and feed a larger crowd you can easily double the eggs.
- Heavy Cream: the secret to the perfect fluffy eggs! If you don’t have heavy cream you can use regular milk, almond milk or half and half in a pinch.
- Broccoli: I use fresh florets that have been chopped into small pieces. You can use frozen broccoli that has been steamed, just skip the first step in the recipe.
- Ham: any good quality thick slices of ham will do. This is a great way to use leftover “Sunday ham”
- Cheese: shredded Swiss, cheddar, gruyere, or Colby-Jack will work.
- Green Onions: freshly chopped green onions just add the perfect zing to the dish, but if they aren’t your thing just leave them out.
How to Make a Breakfast Scramble
In addition to the ingredients listed above you will need a large nonstick pan, this is my favorite. You will also need a silicone spatula and whisk. Below I’ll walk you through each step so you can make the perfect scramble.
Whisk the Eggs
Crack the eggs into a medium size mixing bowl. Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. The heavy cream really helps to make perfectly soft and fluffy eggs with the best texture. Set the bowl aside, you will need it in just a minute.
Sauté the Broccoli
Heat a large skillet to medium low heat. Add a small drizzle of olive oil, butter or cooking spray to the skillet and sauté the broccoli for about 1 minute. This just helps to make sure the broccoli is nice and tender in the finished dish. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
Scramble the Eggs
In the same skillet add the tablespoon of butter and allow it to melt completely, tilt the skillet back and forth so the butter covers the bottom of the skillet. Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet and scramble over medium low heat. Using a silicone spatula move the eggs back and forth until they begin to set.
Add the Ham, Broccoli and Cheese
When the eggs are mostly set add the broccoli, ham and cheese to the skillet and stir to incorporate. When the eggs have reached your desired consistency and the cheese has melted remove the skillet from heat and add the green onions.
Can you reheat scrambled eggs?
Yes! You may not have realized, but scrambled eggs are actually great for meal prep! You can reheat scrambled eggs in 30 second increments in a microwave in a covered dish. Scrambled eggs can be stored and reheated up to 3 days.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Scrambled Eggs
- Don’t skip the heavy cream, you just need a little, but it does create a much better taste and texture. Cream makes the perfect fluffy eggs!
- Add salt and pepper to taste! I add salt and pepper when I whisk the eggs, and then also add a bit just before serving if it needs it.
- Scramble the eggs over medium low heat. By using a low and consistent heat source you prevent the eggs from drying out and overcooking.
I suggest using a large nonstick pan. By using a large pan you are adding more surface area so it ensures and even cook.
Scrambled eggs are done when the eggs have set and you do not see any liquid or streaks of egg whites.
Yes! If using other vegetables be sure to sauté them first to prevent them from releasing moisture into the dish.
Other Egg Recipes You will Love
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites: the ultimate meal prep breakfast! What’s more, these little delights have less than 1 net carb each and are always a crowd pleaser!
- Keto Bacon and Egg Rolls: you would never guess this is gluten free and low carb!
- Chorizo Breakfast Scramble: a scramble like this one, but with Southwestern flair!
- Easy Air Fryer Eggs: a complete breakfast made right in the air fryer!
- Keto Egg Muffins: these easy muffins are loaded with meat, veggies and cheese!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup broccoli florets, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to medium low heat. Add a small drizzle of olive oil or cooking spray to the skillet and sauté the broccoli for about 1 minute. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the tablespoon of butter and allow it to melt completely, tilt the skillet back and forth so the butter covers the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the skillet and scramble over medium low heat. Using a silicone spatula move the eggs back and forth until they begin to set. When the eggs are mostly set add the broccoli, ham and cheese to the skillet and stir to incorporate.
- When the eggs have reached your desired consistency and the cheese has melted remove the skillet from heat and add the green onions. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
K & G Silicone Cooking Utensils Set of 11 Pieces Food Grade, Heat Resistant Green Kitchen Utensils Set Non-Stick Dishwasher Safe, Odourless and Cookware Friendly utensils
Caraway Nonstick Ceramic Frying Pan (2.7 qt, 10.5") - Non Toxic, PTFE & PFOA Free - Oven Safe & Compatible with All Stovetops (Gas, Electric & Induction) - Cream
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 of skillet (roughly 1 1/4 cup)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 18gCholesterol: 334mgSodium: 251mgCarbohydrates: 2.7gNet Carbohydrates: 2.1gFiber: 0.6gSugar: 0.9gProtein: 23g