Thank you Castello Cheese for sponsoring this post. Castello Cheese makes entertaining easy with its range of flavors.
Entertaining has never been easier with these Instant Pot Havarti Stuffed Meatballs. Packed with Castello Creamy Havarti cheese, these low carb meatballs are just what your parties need!
How do you make Instant Pot Havarti Stuffed Meatballs?
These meatballs are so easy. Ground beef, pork, or turkey are combined with parmesan cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, almond flour and an egg. This simple mixture doesn’t require a ton of ingredients, but it creates moist and flavorful meatballs you will love. Once the meatball mixture is made, allow it to chill in the fridge for a few minutes, I find this makes it a lot easier to work with.
Then, it is time for the good stuff, the cheese! The real star of this recipe is the Castello Creamy Havarti, which is cut into chunks and stuffed inside each meatball. If you aren’t familiar with Havarti cheese, it is a mild, aromatic and creamy cheese with a hint of tanginess. It adds just the right amount of flavor to these meatballs to make them irresistible.
Once the meatballs are assembled, spray the bottom of your Instant Pot with cooking spray, then add the (low carb if keto) marinara and beef broth. Place the meatballs in the Instant Pot in a single layer.
Secure the lid and make sure the steam valve is sealed and not venting, then set your pressure cooker to 8 minutes. When finished, manually vent the steam and remove the lid. The next step is entirely optional, but I like to add another layer of shredded Castello Havarti and pop the meatballs under the broiler. I love how the bubbly melted cheese adds a little something extra to the dish.
Entertaining made easy with Havarti Stuffed Meatballs
For this recipe, I made 16 fairly large golf ball size meatballs. This would be great served with pasta or on subs for a meatball sandwich. But I find this recipe works really well for entertaining, too. They are easy to make, can be prepared ahead of time, and are very filling.
These Havarti Stuffed Meatballs would be a great addition to an appetizer spread including an easy cheese board. This would pair so well with Castello Traditional Danish Blue, which has a bold, nutty flavor with a soft bitterness of sourdough or rich Castello Smoked Gouda. If you haven’t tried building a cheese board yet, all Castello Cheese features easy-to-understand packaging with flavor strength indicators, representing the intensity of the taste experience based on the combination of each cheese’s taste, texture and smell. This makes entertaining during the holidays an absolute breeze. Castello Cheese can be found in the specialty cheese aisle. Click here to find a store near you
Are Stuffed Meatballs low carb?
Fortunately, these Havarti Stuffed Meatballs are low carb and fit right in with a keto diet. Usually meatballs require breadcrumbs, but this recipe uses almond flour. This adjustment also makes them gluten free and keeps them moist and delicious! As long as you stick to a low carb version of marinara, these Instant Pot Havarti Stuffed Meatballs work perfectly as a low carb meal or appetizer.
No matter how you choose to serve these easy stuffed meatballs they are sure to be a hit! Using Castello Cheese makes holiday entertaining easier with over 40 cheeses with distinct tastes, flavors and textures, so there’s something for everyone. Castello Cheese can be found in the specialty cheese aisle. Visit this page to find a store near you
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey or pork
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces of Castello Havarti Cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 4 cups of marinara OR 2 cups of low carb marinara and 2 cups of beef broth for a low carb/keto version.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the meat, almond flour, parmesan, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Chill mixture 10 minutes.
- Scoop out the meatball mixture, the amount should be slightly smaller than a golf ball. Fill each meatball with one chunk of Castello Havarti and roll in your hands to tightly close.
- Assemble 16 meatballs and set aside.
- Spray the inside of the Instant pot with cooking spray.
- Pour the marinara into the bottom of the dish.
- Top with uncooked meatballs.
- Secure the lid and make sure the steam valuve is CLOSED.
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook for 8 minutes.
- When pressure cook cycle is complete carefully manually release stem. Then open.
- OPTIONAL: You can sprinkle additional shredded cheese on top and close the lid for 3 minutes allowing it to melt. Or you can remove meatballs and place in an oven proof dish, sprinkle with more shredded cheese and broil until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 3.7gCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0.4gProtein: 8.7g